CJ Winch Mounting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Winch Mounting

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
80HouLaredo
1980 CJ7 

CJ Winch Mounting

Does anyone know if someone out there manufactures a CJ winch mounting plate that would also allow for the mounting of tow hooks on top of the frame? I've seen several for the YJ where the mounting bolts go up thru the winch plate and thru the hooks, but the ones for the CJ's all seem to have the fairlead lip/mount running the full length.

I'm sure this is primarily due to the narrower frames on the CJ, but there appears to be enough space to leave room for tow hooks.

As always, any help is appreciated....I've about surfed the entire web without luck.

80HouLaredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...winch+mounting dont know if this will work but my 86 cj looks just like this and it is a warn only my hooks are chrome. I dont think they come like this but mine was used and they are mounted just like his in the pic.

Last edited by 1986cj; 04-20-2009 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: adding text
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
80HouLaredo
1980 CJ7 

That's essentially what I'm looking for, but I believe that winch plate only works with the 8274. From what I've read that will only mount on the vertical piece, not the base.
80HouLaredo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.