cj turn signals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj turn signals

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
00jeepoff
1982 CJ7 

cj turn signals

I have a 82 cj7 most of it is stock on the wiring accept for the brake lights they are LED's that I put in about 6 or 7 years ago. Just a short time ago my turn signal on the right side quit blinking and stays on very dim, but the left side works fine. I have used a test light on the front of the jeep and have the same dim light. The four way flashers work fine also. Any ideas why this has happened?

00jeepoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
brian613
1977 CJ5 

when you say it stays on dim you mean its not blinking but stays on solid when you turn the blinker that way or you saying that it never shuts off.. ever...

project roadkill
brian613 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

check the connections. my front round turn signal fails to light up unless ur holding the connection at the right angle it may just be corroded

I doubt its right but i tried
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Search this CJ section for grounds, you'll find some good info. When the signal light indictator stays on, in the speedometer, it usually means a bulb is burnt out somewere. Not sure on the LED's though.

I asuume when the signal lights are off, the dim light goes out.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

The front lights ground through the housing and the grille make sure they are grounded good because that could be the problem
Unread 05-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
00jeepoff
1982 CJ7 

Thanks for the info I will try the grounding thing first, and the signal in the rear LED and in the speedo stays lit very dim only when I turn on the right turn.
00jeepoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #7
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Does the speedo turn signal light come on when the head lights are turned on? that would indicate a bad ground for sure.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
Zaduka31
1983 CJ7 

I have the same problem with my Right turn signal it is the only one that will not work and the light on the dash does not come on the parking lamps work fine I added grounds to each light do you think it could be in the wires, I put a meter on the wires at the lights thinging I would get intermittin power but got nothing. Mine is a 1983 cj7
Zaduka31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

X eleventy billion!!! Ground each one indiviually with a jumper while they are on, it is a quick check that will remove any doubt!
If you don't find the problem to be a ground, it may be in the steering column. I just rewired my entire harness after multiple tries at fixing the old stuff. Now with a new turn signal harness, and all new LED's.. I have the coolest taillights around!!

Good luck and post up your results!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.