cj/tj tub swap?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
85cjbeater
1985 CJ7 

cj/tj tub swap??

I have an 85 cj7. Will I be able to swap a 97 tj tub with little modification or not? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 04:11 PM
jeepwhore
1984 CJ7 

No. The YJ tub requires very little modification. Some of the TJ mounts are entirely different than a CJ and would need fabrication to relocate.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
85cjbeater
1985 CJ7 

re:

Thanks JW, I got a really good deal on the tub but I kinda thought it wasn't gonna work. Oh well i guess I'll be tradin' it for a yj.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 AM
jeepmor

The CJ front clip and windshield are entirely different than the TJ. So if you only have the tub, you'd need this other stuff anyway beyond becoming a profoundly talented fabricator to relocate all the body mounts and what not.

On the plus side, a TJ tub should be much easier to trade now a days for a YJ. I think the YJ tubs have the back two mounts about 1/2" further outward on the back crossmember. Other than that, the rest match. Man, I saw one of these once and all the guy did was hog out the holes to the outboard side just a little bit.

On the plus side, the YJ tubs are galvanized. This should make for a super rust free CJ for many years to come.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.