cj/tj tub swap?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj/tj tub swap??

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
85cjbeater
1985 CJ7 

cj/tj tub swap??

I have an 85 cj7. Will I be able to swap a 97 tj tub with little modification or not? Thanks

85cjbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

No. The YJ tub requires very little modification. Some of the TJ mounts are entirely different than a CJ and would need fabrication to relocate.
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
85cjbeater
1985 CJ7 

re:

Thanks JW, I got a really good deal on the tub but I kinda thought it wasn't gonna work. Oh well i guess I'll be tradin' it for a yj.
85cjbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
jeepmor

The CJ front clip and windshield are entirely different than the TJ. So if you only have the tub, you'd need this other stuff anyway beyond becoming a profoundly talented fabricator to relocate all the body mounts and what not.

On the plus side, a TJ tub should be much easier to trade now a days for a YJ. I think the YJ tubs have the back two mounts about 1/2" further outward on the back crossmember. Other than that, the rest match. Man, I saw one of these once and all the guy did was hog out the holes to the outboard side just a little bit.

On the plus side, the YJ tubs are galvanized. This should make for a super rust free CJ for many years to come.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.