CJ Shackle Bushings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Shackle Bushings

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-17-2002, 09:17 AM   #1
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

CJ Shackle Bushings

I just HAVE to do something to my "new" CJ to personalize it! What are some suggestions for spring shackle bushings? I know of stock rubber and "polyurethane", has anyone used the type that have "grease zerks" on them for lubrication?

Also, what lubricant goes in the T-176 transmisson and the Dana 300 transfer case? I will get a factory shop manual, but I want to change these NOW!!!

Thanks again, Bruce

You folks will be seeing a lot of me, now that I have finally got a REAL Jeep again!! I want to thank you in advance for all suggestions and help!

HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 02:44 PM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

I have 0" lift heavy-duty, greasable shackles on mu CJ, a VERY worthwhile investment, since the stock ones are weak. I do think the ride is a bit better with the grease. I think they are made by 4WD Hardware, but the Currie ones are nice too.

Not sure about the tranny juice, it's likely gear oil, which is what the Dana 300 uses. I forget and I'm too lazy to go the basement, but it's the usual 90W - blah blah blah, very common, as it is also used in the diffs.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 06:34 PM   #3
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

Thank you sir! I will order a set of "greasers" tomorrow.

Bruce

'86 CJ-7
'95 Cherokee (201,000 miles)
HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.