13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6841 of Old 06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?
 
Necromancer_tat's Avatar
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norfolk/San Diego
Posts: 5,227
Here's mine:









Necromancer_tat is offline  
post #6842 of Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane)
Posts: 1,405
1975 CJ-5 Renegade Levi Edition, 304 2 1/2" Burbank suspension, custom full cage 2" black pipe , warn 8274, and Lord knows what else...
1978 CJ-5 Renegade 401" 2 1/2" Burbank (Gabriel gas shocks), same type custom cage (we built them), warn 8274, " " " "....
1984 CJ-7 Laredo 258 auto, 4:11, Lockers front/rear, 4" suspension, Escalade Leather seats, Warn 9.5Cti, and " " " "...
Attached Thumbnails
75 jeep 11.jpg   78 cj5-1-2.jpg   Jeep 1.jpg   Jeep 3.jpg  

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline  
post #6843 of Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Triumph
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 62
Sold my 62 CJ5 back about a year ago..I think it is posted on this thread somewhere.



Had a short stint with a 98 Cherokee..



Then traded a truck for this 74 CJ5 yesterday. 258 straight 6, 4 spd. Mostly stock. It has a GM tilt column and powersteering. Was powersteering an option back then, or did someone likely add it?






_=====,o00o,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
{o}_} {o}_}-o{-}_}
Triumph is offline  
post #6844 of Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane)
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Sold my 62 CJ5 back about a year ago..I think it is posted on this thread somewhere.

Had a short stint with a 98 Cherokee

Then traded a truck for this 74 CJ5 yesterday. 258 straight 6, 4 spd. Mostly stock. It has a GM tilt column and powersteering. Was powersteering an option back then, or did someone likely add it?
my '75 came stock with PS, not sure about '74, but most likely OEM..

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline  
post #6845 of Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM
norcal4x4
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: menlo park
Posts: 1
my 74 CJ5
Attached Thumbnails
alicia and me.jpg  
norcal4x4 is offline  
post #6846 of Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 PM
04MAX
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 76
Nice! Welcome.
04MAX is offline  
post #6847 of Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Triumph
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
my '75 came stock with PS, not sure about '74, but most likely OEM..
Thanks, the more I learn about these old jeeps the more I realize I don't know.

_=====,o00o,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
{o}_} {o}_}-o{-}_}
Triumph is offline  
post #6848 of Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM
BuckeyeNative
Member
 
BuckeyeNative's Avatar
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: (Front Range)
Posts: 242
#Triumph....

I couldn't agree more. It seems that every time I fix an issue I end up discovering another.
BuckeyeNative is offline  
post #6849 of Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
dnye00
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNative
#Triumph....

I couldn't agree more. It seems that every time I fix an issue I end up discovering another.
Welcome to the world of Jeeps
dnye00 is offline  
post #6850 of Old 06-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Triumph
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNative View Post
#Triumph....

I couldn't agree more. It seems that every time I fix an issue I end up discovering another.
Yep....I bought a Best Top soft top. While installing it today the passenger side windshield mount an (AA aluminum mount) the adjustment knob stripped out. Also the drivers side mount on the tub side of the frame sheared one of it's mounting screws. The windshield frame nearly fell onto the hood before I caught it.

_=====,o00o,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
{o}_} {o}_}-o{-}_}
Triumph is offline  
post #6851 of Old 06-13-2013, 08:09 PM
BuckeyeNative
Member
 
BuckeyeNative's Avatar
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: (Front Range)
Posts: 242
Interesting story...similar things happen to me when trying to fix issues.

#Dyne00, this is my first Jeep and it has been an experience. I bought it before winter and drove it twice before "tearing" into it. I can't wait to get it reassembled and back on the road.
BuckeyeNative is offline  
post #6852 of Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM
dnye00
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNative
Interesting story...similar things happen to me when trying to fix issues.

#Dyne00, this is my first Jeep and it has been an experience. I bought it before winter and drove it twice before "tearing" into it. I can't wait to get it reassembled and back on the road.
Seems like every time I fix one thing something else goes out. I just swapped out my motor with a new crate 350 and when we were installing I found one thing after another that need to be replace. Now everything is new under the good with the exception of the carburetor. New radiator, electric fan, starter, engine, flywheel, hoses, power steering pump, power steering lines, steering gear box and there is probably more but I can't remember.

My Jeep and I have a love hate relationship. I love to work on it but I hate to shell out so much cash at the same time.
dnye00 is offline  
post #6853 of Old 06-15-2013, 09:08 AM
rotordoc11
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newton
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnye00 View Post
Seems like every time I fix one thing something else goes out. I just swapped out my motor with a new crate 350 and when we were installing I found one thing after another that need to be replace. Now everything is new under the good with the exception of the carburetor. New radiator, electric fan, starter, engine, flywheel, hoses, power steering pump, power steering lines, steering gear box and there is probably more but I can't remember.

My Jeep and I have a love hate relationship. I love to work on it but I hate to shell out so much cash at the same time.
WELCOME my friend to the world of JEEP. Just when you think you have enough $$$ for a project or repair, triple it. That way you stay in budget. See you on the trails!
rotordoc11 is offline  
post #6854 of Old 06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
SoK66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Durango
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnye00 View Post
Seems like every time I fix one thing something else goes out. I just swapped out my motor with a new crate 350 and when we were installing I found one thing after another that need to be replace. Now everything is new under the good with the exception of the carburetor. New radiator, electric fan, starter, engine, flywheel, hoses, power steering pump, power steering lines, steering gear box and there is probably more but I can't remember.

My Jeep and I have a love hate relationship. I love to work on it but I hate to shell out so much cash at the same time.
More than one bankruptcy court has heard the line "It all started when I thought, 'I bet it would be fun to have a Jeep' ."
SoK66 is offline  
post #6855 of Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
hannoman
Registered User
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Springs
Posts: 27
A CJ5 from SA

Hi All

It's been long since I posted some stuff. Since the last post I did a diff upgrade (D44 front and D60 Rear). Anyhow.... I did some work this weekend.... What do you guys think ?
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG1166.jpg   IMAG1164.jpg  

'78 CJ5 - 350 Chevy V8, D44 F & D60 R, Dana 300 TF, 37' MAXXIS Trepadors
hannoman is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (4 members and 3 guests)
Bguillot2003 , ossj7 , rhjeepdriver , Rodknocker1
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Net Call Net Call Net Call!!! gunnhr Jeep CJ Forum 9 03-30-2012 07:07 AM
Roll Cages - Lets See Pictures imaldini Jeep CJ Forum 34 02-14-2012 02:36 PM
What do you call it? PeteTx Jeep CJ Forum 11 07-23-2010 02:43 PM
What is the strongest clear coat you can roll on the roll bar over fresh paint? HHICJ7 Jeep CJ Forum 2 12-10-2009 04:27 PM
Call To Vote!! evilpsych2 Jeep CJ Forum 2 11-07-2002 09:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome