CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 452 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all!

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #6766
bajaviking
1985 CJ7 

Nice project, nice friends and a future wife that looks happy about the present, you are a lucky man!

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"
bajaviking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #6767
ironbyron1
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOFFTC
I know I posted not long ago saying that I got a CJ7 but that fell through, but much to my surprise when I came home today I saw a CJ5 in my driveway. It turns out my friend that I was going to buy the CJ7 from got together with a bunch of my professors and friends and bought my Fiancee and I a 74 CJ5 for a wedding present! I have never been so surprised in my life. It needs a lot of love but I'm super excited to get started on it. One of the previous owners swapped a Ford 302 into it but other than that and the seats it is stock. It needs a lot of body work which will be new for me but I am going to do it right unlike one of the previous owners who must have a fetish for Bondo. Anyway here are a couple of pictures and I have more to come.
Proof there is still good people in this crazy world!
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #6768
GEOFFTC
1974 CJ5 

Ha thanks guys. Yes my girl was just as surprised and excited as me. She has wanted a Jeep since she was little. They are all great people but I didn't expect any of them to do this for me. I'm lucky to have these professors and friends in my life. Most of my friends are graduating Saturday and are not going to be able to make it to my wedding, since they are all starting new jobs, so they all got together and talked to some of our professors and bought it for us.
GEOFFTC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #6769
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbyron1 View Post
Proof there is still good people in this crazy world!
Or Proof there is still crazy people in this good world

You have some awesome mates Geoff. Look after them as you wont have much time once your married with a CJ.
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #6770
AMC304

Nice day to go topless

AMC304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #6771
leo-ramirez

Got rid of my first CJ5 over 22 years ago. I found this beauty after searching for months. 1979 CJ5 with 68,700 original miles. Her 1st day home.

leo-ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #6772
dnye00
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo-ramirez
Got rid of my first CJ5 over 22 years ago. I found this beauty after searching for months. 1979 CJ5 with 68,700 original miles. Her 1st day home.
Nice jeep.
dnye00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #6773
leo-ramirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnye00 View Post
Nice jeep.
Thanks. Feels good having Jeep again. I can't believe I went that long without one.
leo-ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #6774
UtahCJGirl
1977 CJ7 

Okay following everyone's lead, here is my "toy". It runs great, but the brakes went out this winter and I need to find time to fix them. I think the PO used it in Park City as a plow truck because it had angle iron welded to the front and it was poorly welded at that. The "stuck" picture was taken in 2011 during spring runoff at Soap Stone Basin, in the Uintah Mountains. Usually a nice little half a foot deep crossing, it was washed out. Gack on the windshield from sitting under a tree this winter.

Even though it's not Moab ready, it is still a ton of fun!
photo0005.jpg   img_0582small.jpg   img_0583small.jpg  
UtahCJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #6775
DanStew
1963 M-38 

Thought i would post up my Jeep.

It is a 1963 M38a1 with a few differences.

I installed a fuel injected Suzuki sidekick 1.6L 16v motor, sidekick 2WD 5 speed and a Samurai Transfercase. Axles are stock Jeep with 5.38s and power locks front and rear. Power steering from an XJ, power brake booster from an XJ. Disc brakes front and rear. Running XJ rear leaf springs front and rear. It is running 35" tires. My goal to make it sort of a rat rod and leave the body as is, just make the drivetrain newer.

I finished it up a few weeks ago and it is running real good. only issue is a weird knocking out of the tranny and the various squeaks here and there to track down.
DanStew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #6776
Mister 4x4
1980 CJ5 

Interesting motor choice. You have to post up drivability impressions and MPG numbers when you get the chance
Mister 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #6777
JDChris
1957 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanStew
Thought i would post up my Jeep.

It is a 1963 M38a1 with a few differences.
This might be my favorite jeep on the forum!! How much lift? Any mods for the springs? The trim in the rear is slick--do it yourself?
JDChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #6778
DanStew
1963 M-38 

Just stock XJ springs, the rear i had to add an extra leaf because it was saggin. I plan to eventually replace the springs with a 2 inch lift to get them out of the fenders when as full flex. I just cut the rear the wheelwells to and bend the edges in. The springs are very flexy and i would run when making a turn.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #6779
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanStew
Just stock XJ springs, the rear i had to add an extra leaf because it was saggin. I plan to eventually replace the springs with a 2 inch lift to get them out of the fenders when as full flex. I just cut the rear the wheelwells to and bend the edges in. The springs are very flexy and i would run when making a turn.
Iron rock Offroad makes a really nice add a leaf kit for the xj springs that will give you the lift you want without killing the ride for around $50.
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #6780
DanStew
1963 M-38 

I'll look into that. I have seen add a leafs and even have a bent set but i wanted a full length spring. thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.