CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 437 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all!

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 03-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #6541
JakeRod13
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrs View Post
Picked up this '84 Laredo this week. New to jeep'in. Out in the hills near my home and she did very well. Did discover I need to adjust my emergency brake though. Is it difficult?
And by the way... you don't sneeze going by this pile of rocks.
I want to see more pics of this jeep....looks good.

JakeRod13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #6542
jimrs
1984 CJ7 

Thanks all for the kind words and the WSS for the help. I will try to get some more pics up soon.
jimrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #6543
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
A CJ and lives in Weldon........Life is good! Nice rig BTW. The E brake should not be too hard, above the driveline should be a cable that splits to pull on both sides of the axle, right there is a T with a long (ish) stud and nut. Tighten that up a little. If it has been sitting for a while, it may free up and get a get a little easier to engage, if it feels hard to push the brake pedal down.

Enjoy that puppy!
X2 but check your brakes adjustment on the back first. The way I check it is to see what pedal you have to start with (with the engine running assuming you have PA brakes), then release the pedal. Push the E brake down until it just starts to firm up. Push your brakes again, release then after a second or two, push the brakes again. If you have good feel or "pedal" that says you need to adjust the shoes inside the drums. Hope it helps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #6544
builtbychevy
1975 CJ2 

Looks fun
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #6545
bduro
1982 CJ7 

This is mine

Just finshed installing a Pro Comp 4" lift with extended shackles, Xenon flat panel fender flares, and Pro Comp 15 X 10s with BFG KM2s 35/12.50/15s.
jeep-fenders1.jpg   jeep-fenders2.jpg   jeep-fenders3.jpg  
bduro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #6546
dnye00
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduro
Just finshed installing a Pro Comp 4" lift with extended shackles, Xenon flat panel fender flares, and Pro Comp 15 X 10s with BFG KM2s 35/12.50/15s.
Nice rig.
dnye00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #6547
jimrs
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
X2 but check your brakes adjustment on the back first. The way I check it is to see what pedal you have to start with (with the engine running assuming you have PA brakes), then release the pedal. Push the E brake down until it just starts to firm up. Push your brakes again, release then after a second or two, push the brakes again. If you have good feel or "pedal" that says you need to adjust the shoes inside the drums. Hope it helps.
I think your on to something gazzo, thanks for the help. I must apologize, I'm not a car guy. I'm a photographer. What I noticed was even though I had the parking brake pushed down as far as I dare, when I took it out of gear on even a small hill it started rolling. I tried your test and I'm not sure of my results but I did not notice hardly any difference in the brake pedal throw with or without the parking brake applied. What does it mean?
jeep-2987.jpg   jeep-2992.jpg   jeep-2993.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #6548
jimrs
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduro View Post
Wow, that a beauty!
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #6549
BuckeyeNative

1974 CJ5 

#jimrs...that is a great looking Jeep!
BuckeyeNative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #6550
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrs View Post

I think your on to something gazzo, thanks for the help. I must apologize, I'm not a car guy. I'm a photographer. What I noticed was even though I had the parking brake pushed down as far as I dare, when I took it out of gear on even a small hill it started rolling. I tried your test and I'm not sure of my results but I did not notice hardly any difference in the brake pedal throw with or without the parking brake applied. What does it mean?
Ok try this, with the engine running and the e brake off, pump the brakes a few times quickly and see if you get pedal. Sometimes fluid can get into the master cylinder (which is attached to your pedal) faster than your brake shoes retract and you can get more than the normal single push worth of fluid down into the brake slaves. If you do get good feel after 2 or 3 quick pumps you definitely need to adjust or replace the shoes inside the drums.

Edit: by the way how do you "just pick up" a stunning jeep like that? Every photo looks like a brochure or advertisement.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #6551
Luvinmud

Here's my 84 with a 360. I had a good time building this one.
img_20130317_130932_559.jpg  
Luvinmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #6552
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

jimrs - That first pic looks like it could be a brochure shot. Nice looking ride.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #6553
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
jimrs - That first pic looks like it could be a brochure shot. Nice looking ride.
Probably a Nikon DSLR. I doubt it is a Canon LOL
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #6554
jimrs
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
Edit: by the way how do you "just pick up" a stunning jeep like that? Every photo looks like a brochure or advertisement.
Thanks again for the help. Robert the second and longest owner took very good care of it but up close it does show it's age some. Cracking paint, dings etc. but I love it and plan on trying to keep it mostly stock. I won't tell you how little I paid for it or you might have to make a quick trip to the can.
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #6555
jimrs
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
Thank you for the compliment. I do teach photography and have been doing photo work since Vietnam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.