CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 113 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all!

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 06-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #1681
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
This was posted in my Master Cylinder thread, but I'll repost it here--to be more on topic.

This is a 1950 CJ3A, which I've just acquired. I first drove this Jeep in 1999, but the owner only just just decided to sell (they're going to be selling the ranch and consolidating on their much smaller island property).

A lot of it is original material (at least as far as I can tell). The most significant change has been to the steering--it's been upgraded to power steering using parts from numerous vehicles (the steering column and wheel are from a 70's vintage Camaro, I believe) and no longer resembles original Jeep equipment either above or below. I think the axles are stock. I'm pretty sure the tranny and transfer case are. (3 speed, no overdrive.) It did have locking front hubs added (not standard equipment on a CJ3A, according to the books I've read). The seats are not original (and there's a back seat), and a roll bar has been added. The engine is the old flat-head. I think it's actually a 1949 engine. The previous owners had been given the spare block when they bought it, and since the 1950 block had been rebored once before, when they rebuilt the engine, they decided to use the older block, which hadn't been. The instrument panel is not original--it has more gauges.

One old feature which I think is "neat" is the old starter (which has been rebuilt at least once, the last time c.2002), which still has the push button on the floor to engage the pinion. You could leave it sitting open with the keys in it, and there are very few people who could start it! The starter engage button is actually hidden under some secondary heater hoses than come out to a heater unit located between the front seats--this Jeep spent much of its life in Northern Alberta, and the extra heater was required!

-Paul
Hey, that's a cool old rig. I've always wanted one, there's a neighbor up the road that has one sitting outside rotting in to the ground and he wont sell. It's been sitting for over 20 years. Anyway, click free for ya.

pic1.jpg  
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #1682
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Nice Willys rig Paul, I hope you bring her back to life.

I had my sights on a 1947 Willys this past week. The guy told me it ran just fine and was asking $2495.00 I wanted to see it and drive it but by the time the seller actually returned any of my emails or my calls, he sold it Oh well, things happen for a reason I guess. Maybe the Jeep Gods want me to build a CJ8 crawler and not mess with the antiques.

Throttle Down Kustoms sells a hybrid CJ frame that will take a coil suspension like the TJ, so I'll go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #1683
PaulS
1949 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
Nice Willys rig Paul, I hope you bring her back to life.
To be clear, it runs okay right now. Once I get the steering link and brakes resolved (see the "Master Cylinder" thread), it'll be just fine for puttering around my 20 acres, hauling firewood and tasks like that. Over time, I'll improve on that and I hope to get it street legal eventually. It'll probably need a tune-up, but I'm not going to think about it until the brakes and steering are done, and I get a good tank of gas in it--the stuff in there is a few months old...

-Paul
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #1684
1980tallcj7
1980 CJ7 

Some nice lookin jeeps in this thread ...here's my Heap.

Steve
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #1685
kconnor123
1978 CJ7 

Click free for Tallcj7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980tallcj7 View Post
Some nice lookin jeeps in this thread ...here's my Heap.

Steve
kconnor123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #1686
marty7384
1977 CJ5 

Thanks for the help on the pics flashawk! Its a work in progress but aren't they all!
marty7384 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #1687
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty7384 View Post
Thanks for the help on the pics flashawk! Its a work in progress but aren't they all!
No problem. How old is you're winch and does it still work?
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #1688
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

I really like the look of CJs when it's one color mixed with black accents and black wheels AND no chrome. I also like when CJ owners mix in some YJ and TJ stuff. Nicely done.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 06-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #1689
marty7384
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashawk View Post
No problem. How old is you're winch and does it still work?
I think its as old as the Jeep but I'm not sure. It runs off some type of gear on the side so it must be pretty old! It still works fine and it looks like it could pull out a tank!
marty7384 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #1690
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

1980tallcj7, are running anything besides the 4" lift and TJ flares to clear those 36"s? Right now i'm running 4" lift springs with 33s, but they rub on the back. I'm wanting to go up to 35s and am wondering if just doing the TJ flare will be enough. thanks
Unread 06-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #1691
Duble-it
1986 CJ7 

LATE FOR WORK, EARLY FOR JEEPIN'
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #1692
Stan99
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble-it View Post
Every picture I see of your rig looks better and better!!
Unread 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #1693
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

The latest addition to 'frogger'

Picked it up today, I'll do better pictures when this monsoon passes over.

SWEEEET
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ
Pinky&theJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #1694
1980tallcj7
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp360cj View Post
1980tallcj7, are running anything besides the 4" lift and TJ flares to clear those 36"s? Right now i'm running 4" lift springs with 33s, but they rub on the back. I'm wanting to go up to 35s and am wondering if just doing the TJ flare will be enough. thanks
the reason the TJ flares are on it it to hide the body cutting that I did.
Also, the springs are YJ 5" from BDS, but they're soft and flexy and dont yield any more lift than the 4" CJ springs that were on there before. ....I suspect the fiberglass body maybe has an inch of lift built into it.

I think I could fit a 38.5 in there but the added weight is a showstopper the way it's built rt now.

Steve
Unread 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #1695
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Pinky? Did you airbrush the frogs on there? If so, nicely done!

Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.