CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
 29Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1651 of 8330 Old 05-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Uncle Russ
Registered User
 
Uncle Russ's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LoCo, NoVA
Posts: 241
Here's my money pit, er, CJ...

Mostly stock 1984: 258, T5, Carter BBD (ugh), 31" BFG ATs

Recently installed a Herculiner and Warn front rock bumper and upgraded my clutch linkage.

Adding a one-piece upgrade (Evolution Series from Superior Axle & Gear) to the AMC 20, replacing the brake hoses with braided SS and installing a Painless Factory Harness. After that, it's going in for cancer surgery.






Russ
1984 CJ7
“When you're swervin' on life's highway, you're runnin' someone off the road."
-- Robert Earl Keen

Military Jeepers Click Here!
Uncle Russ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1652 of 8330 Old 05-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Pinky&theJeep
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denverish
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
33s? Are those flares 8" or 9"?
They are rugged ridge 7", at least that is what the stuff says. See where I'm having problems?!? I guess I need to work on the backspacing, or switch out the axle, but all that seems extreme just because my flares look silly.

I knew I should have taken them as a loss instead of cutting out my wheel well like a dumb***. UGH. I'll take better pictures today maybe you can give me some more ideas.

Pinky and the Jeep
1981 (at least that's what the vin plate says) Jeep CJ-7
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ

Last edited by Pinky&theJeep; 05-24-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: cause I'm a dumb***
Pinky&theJeep is offline  
post #1653 of 8330 Old 05-24-2008, 08:41 PM
ConleyTD
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 112
Nice clean lines on that CJ. Love the new bumper!

**1980 CJ5 Frame off resto - DONE!.**
Firefighters Jeep Club
ConleyTD is offline  
post #1654 of 8330 Old 05-24-2008, 09:49 PM
SKT
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Location:
Posts: 6,476
A lot of nice looking CJs here...

Please keep posting the great pics!


1981 CJ-7: Fresh 304, NV4500, Twin Stick Dana 300, Dual Tops, 33" Mud Terrains, etc.

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline  
post #1655 of 8330 Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 PM
ajeepman
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: clermont,FL
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by kconnor123 View Post
Hey ajeepman, are those stock D30 and AMC20's under your ride? How did you get such a wide stance, do you have spacers or deep dish rims? Both?
I haven't been in the axles but I was told by previous owner they were one piece axles and yes they are deep dish with no spacers. 35x15.50x15 on 12" wide rims.

02 TJ Silver 4.0 5-speed
4" procomp susp w/ 3" BL
ajeepman is offline  
post #1656 of 8330 Old 05-25-2008, 04:07 PM
ConleyTD
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 112
Here she is...I'm swapping the motor out for a new one at the moment..




**1980 CJ5 Frame off resto - DONE!.**
Firefighters Jeep Club
ConleyTD is offline  
post #1657 of 8330 Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Pinky&theJeep
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denverish
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConleyTD View Post
Here she is...I'm swapping the motor out for a new one at the moment..
This CJ is a thing of beauty, very nicely done. J

Pinky and the Jeep
1981 (at least that's what the vin plate says) Jeep CJ-7
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ
Pinky&theJeep is offline  
post #1658 of 8330 Old 05-26-2008, 02:29 PM
1RadCJ5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: So. Maine
Posts: 53
My 77 CJ finally "finished"

Just thought I would throw my project in here.Dunno if the pics will come up, but I'll try, if not I guess ya just click the links.I just finished my 77 CJ5, original steel body with a buick 231 V6 with a new Holley 600 4-bbl, TH400 Tranny w- a Fairbanks 2500 RPM stall converter, Model 20 transfer case.Front end is a dana 30 and rear is a dana 44, both geared at 4.88.I built this with a frame from Throttle Down Kustoms.Added P\S, Disk brakes (w-power) while I was in there.I hope the pics come out, any suggestions ? I do plan on installing a steering stabilizer, next on my list.









1RadCJ5 is offline  
post #1659 of 8330 Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
DizzyCJ
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 38
ConleyTD,
It looks like there are wires hanging down from the top of your windshield. Is that for your rear view mirror? If so, where/how did you run the wiring? I've got a rear view mirror with some wiring as well, but I wasn't sure where or how to best run the wires for it.

1980 CJ5, Rebuilt Iron Duke, Custom Bumpers, Skyjacker 2.5" Lift Kit, Superwinch Locking Hubs
My 1980 CJ5 Gallery
DizzyCJ is offline  
post #1660 of 8330 Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Pinky&theJeep
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denverish
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RadCJ5 View Post
Just thought I would throw my project in here.Dunno if the pics will come up, but I'll try, if not I guess ya just click the links.I just finished my 77 CJ5, original steel body with a buick 231 V6 with a new Holley 600 4-bbl, TH400 Tranny w- a Fairbanks 2500 RPM stall converter, Model 20 transfer case.Front end is a dana 30 and rear is a dana 44, both geared at 4.88.I built this with a frame from Throttle Down Kustoms.Added P\S, Disk brakes (w-power) while I was in there.I hope the pics come out, any suggestions ? I do plan on installing a steering stabilizer, next on my list.

Definitely a nice 5, well done, love the yellow under there, doesn't it make it bright when you crawl under? I'm afraid of those mufflers though man, better watch your dismount! J

Pinky and the Jeep
1981 (at least that's what the vin plate says) Jeep CJ-7
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ
Pinky&theJeep is offline  
post #1661 of 8330 Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM
ConleyTD
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyCJ View Post
ConleyTD,
It looks like there are wires hanging down from the top of your windshield. Is that for your rear view mirror? If so, where/how did you run the wiring? I've got a rear view mirror with some wiring as well, but I wasn't sure where or how to best run the wires for it.
The wires are for a lighted rearview mirror I have yet to install. I ran the wires through the inside of the windshield frame - no it wasn't easy
I just used some stiff wire and some string to pull the wires through the frame and into the wiper motor wire hole at the bottom.

I've since replaced the broken windshield (broke the original by putting the seal in backwards).

Front end should be back from paint this week..or so i've been told...again

**1980 CJ5 Frame off resto - DONE!.**
Firefighters Jeep Club
ConleyTD is offline  
post #1662 of 8330 Old 05-27-2008, 08:13 PM
CopperCJ7
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky&theJeep View Post
I'm afraid of those mufflers though man, better watch your dismount! J
Speaking of dismounts (hey nice segue ) I got out of my CJ today and the back of my left thigh rubbed across the "no slip" tread on my rocker arms. Imagine taking a belt sander to the back of your leg. I have road rash on my leg and it hurts like hell!

Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline  
post #1663 of 8330 Old 05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
CopperCJ7
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyCJ View Post
I've got a rear view mirror with some wiring as well, but I wasn't sure where or how to best run the wires for it.
I just used a plastic upholstery tool (so nothing gets scratched) and ran the wire for my rearview mirror under the windshield rubber seal along the top and left side. It (then) goes through the same hole as the wires for the windshield wiper motor.

The reason I didn't go through the windshield frame was because I wanted it to be an easy fix if I ever had to replace or remove the mirror.

Jeep Wave

Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline  
post #1664 of 8330 Old 05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Pinky&theJeep
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denverish
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
I just used a plastic upholstery tool (so nothing gets scratched) and ran the wire for my rearview mirror under the windshield rubber seal along the top and left side. It (then) goes through the same hole as the wires for the windshield wiper motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
Speaking of dismounts (hey nice segue ) I got out of my CJ today and the back of my left thigh rubbed across the "no slip" tread on my rocker arms. Imagine taking a belt sander to the back of your leg. I have road rash on my leg and it hurts like hell!
First off Copper, ouch. Really what else can be said.
Second, I know the windshield gasket has inherent water channels to make the water runoff instead of sitting in the windshield frame which will promote rust, won't the wire interfere with the water channel? Just curious. J


Pinky and the Jeep
1981 (at least that's what the vin plate says) Jeep CJ-7
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ
Pinky&theJeep is offline  
post #1665 of 8330 Old 05-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Joey-Jeep
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mt. Carmel, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2
Here is my 82 CJ7. Army green, 1997 Chevy 5.7L Vortec EFI, 86 dana 44.





Joey-Jeep is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Roll Cages - Lets See Pictures imaldini Jeep CJ Forum 42 05-27-2016 05:32 PM
Net Call Net Call Net Call!!! gunnhr Jeep CJ Forum 9 03-30-2012 07:07 AM
What do you call it? PeteTx Jeep CJ Forum 11 07-23-2010 02:43 PM
What is the strongest clear coat you can roll on the roll bar over fresh paint? HHICJ7 Jeep CJ Forum 2 12-10-2009 04:27 PM
Call To Vote!! evilpsych2 Jeep CJ Forum 2 11-07-2002 09:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome