CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all!

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 05-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #1651
Uncle Russ
1984 CJ7 

Here's my money pit, er, CJ...

Mostly stock 1984: 258, T5, Carter BBD (ugh), 31" BFG ATs

Recently installed a Herculiner and Warn front rock bumper and upgraded my clutch linkage.

Adding a one-piece upgrade (Evolution Series from Superior Axle & Gear) to the AMC 20, replacing the brake hoses with braided SS and installing a Painless Factory Harness. After that, it's going in for cancer surgery.

-- Robert Earl Keen

Military Jeepers Click Here!
Uncle Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #1652
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
33s? Are those flares 8" or 9"?
They are rugged ridge 7", at least that is what the stuff says. See where I'm having problems?!? I guess I need to work on the backspacing, or switch out the axle, but all that seems extreme just because my flares look silly.

I knew I should have taken them as a loss instead of cutting out my wheel well like a dumb***. UGH. I'll take better pictures today maybe you can give me some more ideas.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ

Last edited by Pinky&theJeep; 05-24-2008 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: cause I'm a dumb***
Pinky&theJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #1653
ConleyTD
1980 CJ5 

Nice clean lines on that CJ. Love the new bumper!
Unread 05-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #1654
SKT
1981 CJ7 

A lot of nice looking CJs here...

Please keep posting the great pics!

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2008, 12:40 AM   #1655
ajeepman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kconnor123 View Post
Hey ajeepman, are those stock D30 and AMC20's under your ride? How did you get such a wide stance, do you have spacers or deep dish rims? Both?
I haven't been in the axles but I was told by previous owner they were one piece axles and yes they are deep dish with no spacers. 35x15.50x15 on 12" wide rims.
Unread 05-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #1656
ConleyTD
1980 CJ5 

Here she is...I'm swapping the motor out for a new one at the moment..

Unread 05-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #1657
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConleyTD View Post
Here she is...I'm swapping the motor out for a new one at the moment..
This CJ is a thing of beauty, very nicely done. J
Unread 05-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #1658
1RadCJ5

My 77 CJ finally "finished"

Just thought I would throw my project in here.Dunno if the pics will come up, but I'll try, if not I guess ya just click the links.I just finished my 77 CJ5, original steel body with a buick 231 V6 with a new Holley 600 4-bbl, TH400 Tranny w- a Fairbanks 2500 RPM stall converter, Model 20 transfer case.Front end is a dana 30 and rear is a dana 44, both geared at 4.88.I built this with a frame from Throttle Down Kustoms.Added P\S, Disk brakes (w-power) while I was in there.I hope the pics come out, any suggestions ? I do plan on installing a steering stabilizer, next on my list.

1RadCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #1659
DizzyCJ
1980 CJ5 

ConleyTD,
It looks like there are wires hanging down from the top of your windshield. Is that for your rear view mirror? If so, where/how did you run the wiring? I've got a rear view mirror with some wiring as well, but I wasn't sure where or how to best run the wires for it.
Unread 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #1660
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RadCJ5 View Post
Just thought I would throw my project in here.Dunno if the pics will come up, but I'll try, if not I guess ya just click the links.I just finished my 77 CJ5, original steel body with a buick 231 V6 with a new Holley 600 4-bbl, TH400 Tranny w- a Fairbanks 2500 RPM stall converter, Model 20 transfer case.Front end is a dana 30 and rear is a dana 44, both geared at 4.88.I built this with a frame from Throttle Down Kustoms.Added P\S, Disk brakes (w-power) while I was in there.I hope the pics come out, any suggestions ? I do plan on installing a steering stabilizer, next on my list.

Definitely a nice 5, well done, love the yellow under there, doesn't it make it bright when you crawl under? I'm afraid of those mufflers though man, better watch your dismount! J
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #1661
ConleyTD
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyCJ View Post
ConleyTD,
It looks like there are wires hanging down from the top of your windshield. Is that for your rear view mirror? If so, where/how did you run the wiring? I've got a rear view mirror with some wiring as well, but I wasn't sure where or how to best run the wires for it.
The wires are for a lighted rearview mirror I have yet to install. I ran the wires through the inside of the windshield frame - no it wasn't easy
I just used some stiff wire and some string to pull the wires through the frame and into the wiper motor wire hole at the bottom.

I've since replaced the broken windshield (broke the original by putting the seal in backwards).

Front end should be back from paint this week..or so i've been told...again
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #1662
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky&theJeep View Post
I'm afraid of those mufflers though man, better watch your dismount! J
Speaking of dismounts (hey nice segue ) I got out of my CJ today and the back of my left thigh rubbed across the "no slip" tread on my rocker arms. Imagine taking a belt sander to the back of your leg. I have road rash on my leg and it hurts like hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #1663
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyCJ View Post
I've got a rear view mirror with some wiring as well, but I wasn't sure where or how to best run the wires for it.
I just used a plastic upholstery tool (so nothing gets scratched) and ran the wire for my rearview mirror under the windshield rubber seal along the top and left side. It (then) goes through the same hole as the wires for the windshield wiper motor.

The reason I didn't go through the windshield frame was because I wanted it to be an easy fix if I ever had to replace or remove the mirror.

Jeep Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #1664
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
I just used a plastic upholstery tool (so nothing gets scratched) and ran the wire for my rearview mirror under the windshield rubber seal along the top and left side. It (then) goes through the same hole as the wires for the windshield wiper motor.
Quote:
Speaking of dismounts (hey nice segue ) I got out of my CJ today and the back of my left thigh rubbed across the "no slip" tread on my rocker arms. Imagine taking a belt sander to the back of your leg. I have road rash on my leg and it hurts like hell!
First off Copper, ouch. Really what else can be said.
Second, I know the windshield gasket has inherent water channels to make the water runoff instead of sitting in the windshield frame which will promote rust, won't the wire interfere with the water channel? Just curious. J

Unread 05-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #1665
Joey-Jeep
1982 CJ7 

Here is my 82 CJ7. Army green, 1997 Chevy 5.7L Vortec EFI, 86 dana 44.

Joey-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.