CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #1561
SKT
1981 CJ7 

JeepItUP,

Looks like you got yourself a YJ.

They are a Wrangler, they have square headlights, are were produced from 1987 to 1995

Take note to the thread title you posted in.

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #1562
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepItUP View Post
Im new here so thought i would show off my jeep, that i bartered for. Best deal of my life. Heres the background i am into streetbike stunting and i have a cheap old 1987 honda hurricane which i thrashed, and this guy saw me one day and said he a bike like that in high school and was looking to buy one, well two weeks later i see him again and he offers to trade me straight over for his jeep, he has for sale(for sale sign in window $3500) i said what the hell. I figured i only payed $500 for my streetbike, im making a $3000 profit, but i am starting to like the jeep and deciding to keep it. Ill put picture up of the bike that i traded for the jeep and jeep pictures.
Jeep has 155k miles, 4 cylinder, 5-spd, 2.5 inch lift, brand new rims and tires. I mean when i got the jeep still have little hairs on tires, that alone surpased the price of the bike. He also put in a overhead speaker bar, and a back tool box, has a hidden under dash kill switch, a cd/mp3 deck, with 5 in lcd screen. So pretty much good trade!

__
__
__
__
Click free for jeepitup, just so ya know, this thread is for CJ's but it's still a nice looking Jeep.

Hey copper, thanks for the information, that clears up allot of mystery.
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #1563
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
Thanks.

I called Sgt. Cortez of the CHP and asked the definitive answer. He's the guy all the other CHP officers call to get answers about traffic laws. He told me that beadlocks are NOT legal nor are they illegal in California. There are four states where they ARE illegal including Colorado, Maine, Oklahoma and (I forget). The D.O.T. has not voted yet. Beadlocks are actually safer than traditional rims, but the issue is that most people won't check the torque every month. Believe me, I called the CHP BEFORE I spent the money on those beadlocks.
This is interesting info, I see beadlocks everywhere around here, I wonder how many of them get in trouble. Of course they look good so fake beadlocks are also really popular, must be because the real ones are illegal. J
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ
Pinky&theJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #1564
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky&theJeep View Post
This is interesting info, I see beadlocks everywhere around here, I wonder how many of them get in trouble. Of course they look good so fake beadlocks are also really popular, must be because the real ones are illegal. J

not trying to fuel the fire, but I'd be interested to see any law from any state which says that beadlocks are illegal.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #1565
SKT
1981 CJ7 

I have never actually seen this in writing; however, I have always heard it!

This is the exact reason I originally asked copper if they were "real" beadlocks...

The way I see it, unless Johny Law Dog wheels himself...chances are, he wouldn't know what "beadlocks" are. If he's a fellow wheeler, hopefully you would drive away w/ a simple warning.

We could probably get a clear answer if we posted this somewhere besides the CJ picture thread too. Just a thought, as I'm even more curious myself now...

Unread 05-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #1566
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
not trying to fuel the fire, but I'd be interested to see any law from any state which says that beadlocks are illegal.

Hoss
I know for a fact that they ARE, indeed, ILLEGAL in the state of Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #1567
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post
The way I see it, unless Johny Law Dog wheels himself...chances are, he wouldn't know what "beadlocks" are. If he's a fellow wheeler, hopefully you would drive away w/ a simple warning.
The funny thing is, that Sgt. Cortez started his response with, "I run them on my personal truck..." So that made me feel easier about paying all that cash for beadlocks. And, yes, most law enforcement is not hip to what beadlocks are - YET.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #1568
jeepinjeffery

My pics never showed up. I hope someone can help me with a free click or something.

1984 Scrambler
258 Straight 6 original engine
Almost all original.

Purchased from my father who drove it straight off the dealer's lot. Never seen extreme trails, just some dirt roads. Future plans include engine rebuild, lift with tires, lockers, new gearing etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2594650...7604713484235/
jeepinjeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #1569
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeffery View Post
My pics never showed up. I hope someone can help me with a free click or something.

1984 Scrambler
Almost all original.

Purchased from my father who drove it straight off the dealer's lot. Never seen extreme trails, just some dirt roads. Future plans include engine rebuild, lift with tires, lockers, new gearing etc.
Okay, nice CJ. I think you can't post pictures until you have 50+ posts or become a supporter
2437332403_8d6504361c_b.jpg   2437333931_0854bee7bc_b.jpg   2437334987_75eb3e8b44_b.jpg   2438159806_82fda31106_b.jpg  
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #1570
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeffery View Post

1984 Scrambler
Almost all original.

Purchased from my father who drove it straight off the dealer's lot.

Never seen extreme trails, just some dirt roads.

Future plans include engine rebuild, lift with tires, lockers, new gearing etc.

WOW, what a great looking Scrambler. The only thing that makes it better is that you got a cool story to go along with it. I would definetly keep that one in the family.

Is that the original paint and decals? If so, that is awesome too! I would also leave that factory paint alone, as there are not many left w/ that good of factory steel and paint left.

Looks great, and please keep us posted w/ pics while you "beef" it up!

Unread 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #1571
SKT
1981 CJ7 

I am currently deployed to Iraq (again), and the way I cope with my addiction (Jeep and Harley) withdrawls is to take a bunch of photos before I depart. Well this time, all I can find is posing shots, and almost everyone has one of my bikes in it along w/ the Jeep (sorry). I have been a lurking member for a couple years (?think its been that long?); however, I just recently started posting. There is a lot of great information and helpful knowledgable members here. I cannot wait to "finish" the Jeep upon returning home.

Here is a pic of the CJ posing w/ the Dyna:

Here is a pic of the CJ with the Springer:

Unread 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #1572
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
I know for a fact that they ARE, indeed, ILLEGAL in the state of Colorado.

no arguement from me, I'm actually intersted to see what they based the illegality on, (ie, did they pass a specific law, or interpret an existing)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #1573
goodolkell
1979 CJ5 

Beadlock

If some one is sure about the laws in certain states I will be the last to argue (or second to last maybe) JP mag has a bit about it in June 08 mailbag page 6 saying there is no written law. (This probably varies by state, I have always heard they are illegal) wonder if it may be related to a split rim kind of law? Just a guess...
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #1574
Pinky&theJeep
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolkell View Post
If some one is sure about the laws in certain states I will be the last to argue (or second to last maybe) JP mag has a bit about it in June 08 mailbag page 6 saying there is no written law. (This probably varies by state, I have always heard they are illegal) wonder if it may be related to a split rim kind of law? Just a guess...
Possibly some kind of 'racing equipment' rule?
Colorado Jeep Club Member #258
Click here to see my Project Jeep CJ
Pinky&theJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #1575
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
no arguement from me, I'm actually intersted to see what they based the illegality on, (ie, did they pass a specific law, or interpret an existing)

Hoss
I'm sorry if my post came off as harsh. I didn't mean to be. I was told that by a Denver cop.

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.