CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all! - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ ROLL CALL!!!!! Lets see them all!

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #1546
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Oh and it looks like you could use a drop down pitman arm on that CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #1547
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
How is that a CJ5? The doors make it look like a CJ7.

that's not flashawks Jeep, he's posting them for jlutsey...

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #1548
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
How is that a CJ5? The doors make it look like a CJ7.
I think you're reading my specs, I should have unchecked the box before posting.
1979 CJ5 360 V8 w/Holley 470 Truck Avenger, HEI Ignition, Livewires w/E3 Sparkplugs, Hedman Hedders, Flowmasters, DANA 30 w/Auzzie Locker, AMC 20 limited slip "N" 3:54's, Tuff Country 2.5" lift, Rancho RS5118, Rubicon Express Quick Disconnects, Currie 1/2" lift Heavy Duty Greasable Shackles, DANA 20, T150, Mile Marker PE8000 w/MiFi Controll Box, Bestop Super Top, Warn 6 bolt Premiums, 31x10.50x15
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #1549
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

My bad - sorry fellas.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #1550
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
Why did you add that huge welded bracket to hold your windshield? It sure makes it a lot harder to drop it when you want...
Okay, here are a couple shots of the roll cage being welded up. It's not finished but you get the idea. Where the red strap is (in the shots) - is where the crossbar is now. More shots to come.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #1551
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Copper,

What Kind of wheels are you running?

Makes for a tough unique look w/ the beadlocks painted the same color as your tub.

Are the Beadlocks real/functional?

Also, what kind of seats are you using?

Thanks, and please continue posting pics of your progress, as its looking great so far...

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #1552
gofish38701
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Okay, here are a couple shots of the roll cage being welded up. It's not finished but you get the idea. Where the red strap is (in the shots) - is where the crossbar is now. More shots to come.

Click free...lookin good!
gofish38701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #1553
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post
Copper,

What Kind of wheels are you running?

Makes for a tough unique look w/ the beadlocks painted the same color as your tub.

Are the Beadlocks real/functional?

Also, what kind of seats are you using?

Thanks, and please continue posting pics of your progress, as its looking great so far...
The wheels are American Racing that were altered by OMF Performance (Riverside, CA) and, yes, they are functioning bead locks that were powdercoated not painted. The front seats (not seen) are Smittybilt and the rear seat is Mastercraft. (My redhead Irish wife forced me to get the headrests for the kid's safety) I won't keep them on much as they create a nasty blindspot - I have to look through the small area between the headrest and the top of the seat. The back seat was raised 3" to accommodate the sub-woofer box I made.

And here's a better shot of the wheels:

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #1554
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Thanks for the response...

I really like the look of those wheels w/ the color matched powdercoated beadlocks!

Those mastercraft seats sure are nice, huh? In your previous posted picture of your sub enclosure, I thought it looked like a Mastercraft rear but those headrests (thank the Irish Wife...LOL) were throwing me off.

My Wife is going to ban me from this forum, as my shopping list for the CJ grows everytime I log on here!

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #1555
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post
Thanks for the response...

My Wife is going to ban me from this forum, as my shopping list for the CJ grows everytime I log on here!

LOL, I feel your pain. I started a Jeep forum on MySpace called "Jeep Addicts" because we're all addicts to some degree or another when it comes to our Jeeps.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #1556
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
The wheels are American Racing that were altered by OMF Performance (Riverside, CA) and, yes, they are functioning bead locks that were powdercoated not painted. The front seats (not seen) are Smittybilt and the rear seat is Mastercraft. (My redhead Irish wife forced me to get the headrests for the kid's safety) I won't keep them on much as they create a nasty blindspot - I have to look through the small area between the headrest and the top of the seat. The back seat was raised 3" to accommodate the sub-woofer box I made.

And here's a better shot of the wheels:
Click free for ya, copper. Very nice looking rims, are beadlocks street leagle? Someone told me they aren't.
beadlock.jpg   subinstallfront.jpg  
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #1557
jfrdog
Jeepin' til I die!

1980 CJ7 

My baby. Still alot of work ahead of me

80' CJ-7 w/ an a AMC 304 V8 with 5.25" SL (4" leafs and 1.25" Shackle lift), 1" BL and 36's Super Swamper TSLs
jfrdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #1558
msmam
1983 CJ7 

Here's a pack of pictures of whom we have named Betsy

http://picasaweb.google.com/MsMamster/Jeephttp://picasaweb.google.com/MsMamster/Jeep
msmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #1559
JeepItUP
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Im new here so thought i would show off my jeep, that i bartered for. Best deal of my life. Heres the background i am into streetbike stunting and i have a cheap old 1987 honda hurricane which i thrashed, and this guy saw me one day and said he a bike like that in high school and was looking to buy one, well two weeks later i see him again and he offers to trade me straight over for his jeep, he has for sale(for sale sign in window $3500) i said what the hell. I figured i only payed $500 for my streetbike, im making a $3000 profit, but i am starting to like the jeep and deciding to keep it. Ill put picture up of the bike that i traded for the jeep and jeep pictures.
Jeep has 155k miles, 4 cylinder, 5-spd, 2.5 inch lift, brand new rims and tires. I mean when i got the jeep still have little hairs on tires, that alone surpased the price of the bike. He also put in a overhead speaker bar, and a back tool box, has a hidden under dash kill switch, a cd/mp3 deck, with 5 in lcd screen. So pretty much good trade!

__
__
__
__
JeepItUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #1560
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashawk View Post
Click free for ya, copper. Very nice looking rims, are beadlocks street leagle? Someone told me they aren't.
Thanks.

I called Sgt. Cortez of the CHP and asked the definitive answer. He's the guy all the other CHP officers call to get answers about traffic laws. He told me that beadlocks are NOT legal nor are they illegal in California. There are four states where they ARE illegal including Colorado, Maine, Oklahoma and (I forget). The D.O.T. has not voted yet. Beadlocks are actually safer than traditional rims, but the issue is that most people won't check the torque every month. Believe me, I called the CHP BEFORE I spent the money on those beadlocks.

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.