CJ rock rails (sliders, rocker guards) recommendations - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ rock rails (sliders, rocker guards) recommendations

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
jeffyjensen
1980 CJ5 

I'm sure you can call some of the companies to see if the can adjust the length of the cj-7 to fit the cj-5. might cost a little more but thats the price you pay.

Unread 08-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #17
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

cj7 was always more popular and in more demand than the 5. i like both but prefer the 7 also
'79 CJ7 sold
'82 CJ7 parted
'89 MJ sold

SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
longboy
2006 WK 

A little late to the thread, but I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of my rocker guards from T&T Customs. Good design, bolt to the tub as well as 2 body mounts and include a step.

fredrok, you're welcome to look at them in person if you would like to meet up. We're not too far from each other-
Unread 08-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
dcolbyh
1981 CJ5 

I called this guy last week about a set for my CJ5. They are frame mounted. He said they would ship in about a week. I haven't ordered them yet. I've got to get my folks to check and see how much of a body lift is on it. Overseas so I can't check myself. The guy I talked to was super friendly tho.

White Knuckle Off Road Products
Unread 08-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

I just made mine, instead of paying 300 for a flat plate. I use some diamond plate.
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigellis77 View Post
Big Daddy Off Road aluminum sliders:

http://www.bigdaddyoffroad.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_35&products_id=101

That's the cut to length and drill your own hole version, but they're available at 4wheel parts and other online places already made up.

BDO doesn't list a premade AL slider for the CJ, but it does have a steel version.
THey dont list them but I have BDO aluminum sliders on mine... give then or one of thier distributors a call directly..... they are light and good install with the exception that the second bolt hole lines up directly with a seam in the body.

Big Daddy Offroad
3134 NC 89E
Walnut Cove, NC 27052
Phone: 336-591-1108
Fax: 336-591-1120
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #22
fredrok
1985 CJ7 

Thanks Longboy, I like those TnTs, but they seem to cater to the tube flare conversions and stop at the firewall. Different than what I'm looking for right now. However, we do need to meet up for some trail time one day. I've had some time off lately and knocked out a number in Arapahoe and Roosevelt Monday and today.

Can't thank you all enough for chiming in and offering your experiences. I've decided to go with the AtoZs since they fit the criteria for what I want, the price is more than fair and Zach's reputation and participation on this forum goes a long way.

I've got some rust to fix first and I'll need to paint them, but when I finally get them on, I'll share pics and my experience.

Thanks again!
Unread 08-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #23
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

So far, I'm very happy with my Rocky-Road rock rails. There is a more limited selection for Scramblers. I did not want a tube, or a bunch of stuff on it. These attach to the frame only, and are very low-profile. I think the square tube and bevel ends look great (for what I wanted).

Jeep Rockrails rock slider protection for YJ, TJ, JK, Rubicon, CJ, LJ

this is one on a 6 from their website:

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #24
T18A
1977 CJ5 

-

Last edited by T18A; 08-17-2010 at 10:21 PM..
T18A is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #25
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

I had looked at rock sliders for a while and decided that I would either build my own or get the Shrockworks. For time reasons, I ordered Shrockworks partly because of quality and I like the way they tie into the body mounts.

They said it would be about 60s day (so much for timely), and charged my card a day or two later.

I am hesitant to post, don't wish to run anyone down, and Shrockworks is a JF vender. But at the encouragement of a friend who though the truth should be known......

After 60 days, no sliders, and I would call back every 30 days to check on progress only to get they would be ready in about a month. After 6+ months, I was getting concerned, it was pass the time to get it taken off my card (with out writing reports etc). I was trying to see if they were having business difficulties and even went so far to get a friend who lives in Houston to go by and see if there was activity at their address.

I had been burnt by JCWhitney some years ago when they put my required pre paid order on back order then went re-organization bankrupt, never got a refund or the product (and will never do business with them again).

The last time I talked with Shrockworks, they wanted 28 more days. I ask instead for a refund of my charge AND TO THEIR CREDIT, received a refund to my charge card the next day.

Shrockworks seems to be more involved with Toyata, but while they have a quality product, do not have their controls in order. They may have a quality product, but if there is no product delivered there is no quality.

In the mean time, I almost have my homemade sliders done (thread to follow) that are lighter, more heavy duty, and far more less expensive.
h2ojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #26
chink
1983 CJ5 

cj5/cj7

603,303 cj5's where made
379,299 cj7's where made

so why are cj5 after marked parts and accessories harder to find
chink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #27
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Because by the time CJ7s were introduced, the CJ5s were nearing the end of their run. CJ5s tend to be older and are becoming more scarce, and they were not consistent in dimensions during their run. One size does NOT fit all for a CJ5.

CJ7s tend to be "newer" (admittedly a relative term) and are more popular because they have more room for "fluffier" people like me.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #28
jeep_boy02
1980 CJ7 

I like the poison spyders... especially the ricochet's... they do have listings for CJ5,7, and 8 just a side note for those talking about the lack of 5 options
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #29
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonlovett View Post
Ok, this is just like everything else out there...you can find the parts for the CJ7 but not the CJ5. What's up with that?
That's because companies tend to only make steps for CJ5's. That's because they're a womans version of the CJ7
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #30
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Just put a set of these on my CJ5 and I couldn't be happier. http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/jeepcj5.htm. Very sturdy, frame mount.
image.jpg  

Tags
rock sliders , sliders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.