cj rims wont fit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj rims wont fit

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
nixon88

cj rims wont fit

I recently bought a 86 jeep cj on my way home I was thinking about were to find tires and rims and remembered I had I set of tires of a 06 dodge that are next to new and they are 5x5.5 went to put them on the back fit but the front wont clear the hubs. The tires are 18 inch fuel with 315 70 duratracs so pretty wide. my question is their a way to make them work would rather not use adaptors since but will was wonder more like changing the hub any way of putting a smaller one in

nixon88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
STJP
Street Jeep

1985 CJ7 

jeep wheels need 4.25 inch center hole to clear the front hubs. Buy OEM wheels or many after market wheel manuf. Like Cragar, Wheel Vintique, have wheels that will fit and have correct bolt pattern.
STJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
nixon88

alright not the answer I was looking for since I liked the looks of this combo also other then jeep what other vehicles have rims that would fit I know the broncos are 5x5.5 as I go to salvage actions and can usually buy the whole vehicles for less then the price of just the tires
image1.jpg   image2.jpg  
nixon88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
roadhog304
1973 CJ5 

Take the wheels to a machine shop and have the centers machined out so they will fit over the hubs. I did this to a set of slots once.
Unread 03-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

^ this. Your only option if you in fact want to use them.

Hoss
Unread 03-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #6
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog304 View Post
Take the wheels to a machine shop and have the centers machined out so they will fit over the hubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
^ this. Your only option if you in fact want to use them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.