CJ Radio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Radio

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 05-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
collinpyle

CJ Radio

So people are always upgrading their radios to nice, new head units with CD players and 10 disc changers so any one of you guys got an original CJ radio you are getting rid of, or know where I can get one?

Thanks a ton

Unread 05-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Me 2. No push buttons though. Hole is to small
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
onesourcemike
1983 CJ7 

Hey, I had the same problem and I found the following shaft radio that fit perfect in my 84 Cj7. See attached link.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oQs4Zq5...o&i=140MARB102
onesourcemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
collinpyle

That one would probably fit... but I am really picky, I want an original CJ radio. I know somebody has one laying around!

Anybody know if the same model was in any other Jeep product in that era? Wagoneer? Trucks? Anything?
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Prospect62

Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like it may go for some decent coin...
Prospect62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
hfjeff
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey onesourcemike, do you know the mounting depth of that radio? I picked up an old knob style Kenwood off evilbay, but it is too deep and hits the defroster duct. Not even close. I figured nobody would steal the old cassette style deck plus it covers the holes in the dash.
MY DAD's: 1978 CJ7/ AMC 360 .030" over/ Motorcraft 2100/ Edelbrock Performer/ Proform HEI Ignition/ Hedman Headers with dual Flowmaster 40's/ Taurus Fan/ FK-35 Control/ Painless Harness/ Rebuilt T150 & Dana 20/ 4" Lift/ 31" Procomp Mud Terrains/ All Fiberglass. (SOLD)
MY BROTHER's: 1996 ZJ Limited/5.2L/117K & Completely Stock.(SOLD)
hfjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
collinpyle

Hey thanks Prospect, that is what got me thinking about it... and I thought surely some one on the forum is getting rid of one. I have been watching that one on eBay since it was 15 bucks!
Unread 05-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #8
ttrem
1986 CJ7 

the current bid for that radio is actually kinda low. We had someone come here in January I think and said he paid over 400 for a stock Jeep radio. Which we all said was an insane price.
Unread 05-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #9
cmotsvt

There are companies that make "new" "old" radios. Basically electronic that look like an old one. Auto resto guys use them in classic cars. Working original radios are hard to come buy, hence the high prices. Knowing jeep I'd say the odds are good that for a given year all radios from all models would work. Did jeep offer a AM/FM/CB radio?
cmotsvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.