Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cj parts prices

971 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  CjinPA 
#1 ·
I was cruising around on ebay earlier and seen a leather wrapped laredo grab bar sitting at $202 after only 2 bids. I'm sitting here thinking dang, I have 2 of those on the shelf. Is this normal? Are you guys that are out hunting parts seeing these prices? My mind is blown. I had no idea.

#2 ·
Do you cash in now or wait until your parts are worth really big money?

These are not rare parts but they are unique and not made in a replica form. If you need one, you will pay what it takes. Some bits set off the look and are always going to be in demand, such as fancy trim.

Steering wheels are the same.

#3 ·
Making money off this stuff doesn't concern me a terrible amount. When i turn loose of something its usually cheap to extremely reasonable. I like being able to help fellow jeeper get their rig to where they want it, it gives me satisfaction. I just didn't realize i was cutting my own throat that badly.

#4 ·
holliewood61 said:
Making money off this stuff doesn't concern me a terrible amount. When i turn loose of something its usually cheap to extremely reasonable. I like being able to help fellow jeeper get their rig to where they want it, it gives me satisfaction. I just didn't realize i was cutting my own throat that badly.
I'd say that's just positive karma. Or the Golden Rule, if you are religious.

Good on you,

Matt

#6 ·
Helping out a fellow CJ owner on this fourm gives me more than the few extra dollars I might get from ebay. Many here have helped me and provided good quality OEM parts. I could never have restored my CJ without this forum. It's my pleasure to return the favor and help another member now.

I was looking for some CJ-5 rocker trim. A fellow member across the country mailed them to me for a "half rack of beer". I sent my (like new) highly sought after Jeep Americana floor mats to Wyoming, just becasue I love Wyoming and wasn't using them. What goes around, comes around.

#7 ·
The prices that sellers on Ebay ask, and the prices that bidders are willing to pay, are all over the board. What sold yesterday for $$$ can't get 2cents tomorrow, even if there were a dozen bidders on the previous listing for an identical part. So don't take too much stock in the prices or bids for any single listing.

Makanak

#8 ·
I've seen Laredo grab bars go as high as $750, and I've bought a good one for 10% of that.

Makanak is spot on.

They won't get any cheaper as time goes by.

#9 ·
Pay it forward and what comes around goes around IMHO.

I help fellow CJ owners on this forum before posting an item I'm selling on Craigslist or eBay. I have been given the same opportunity as others and dully appreciate other members who support us here, rather than the old mighty dollar.

The only requirement I have is you must be a contributing member to others and have been a member with the Jeep forum for some time. You just can't sign on and ask for parts and I usually know who those members are. I'm especially kind to those who are trying to get their CJ back to like factory condition and parts.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#10 ·
The prices on trucks at recent auctions looks like a good sign for the present... I do not see self-driving off-road vehicles being realistic or desirable so I think that is another bonus.

:ghost: None of us have a crystal ball on future demand, including from Millenniums or Generation Z...

#11 ·
The OEM parts that are not currently made by the aftermarket can fetch good money. I will say that CJ 7s are getting harder to find so it only makes sense that the OEM parts are getting more and more valuable. I can remember when the Jeep emblem with the AMC flag thats on the rear passenger side would sell for $50, now you can buy them new for $15 from OMIX-ADA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.