CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding... - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #121
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
I didn't know if y'all would mind me asking this here, but I figured a bunch of gun enthusiasts would be on here, and would be able to help me out..

I am trying to 'restore' my father's 36 pistol, it is a Colt Official Police .38 Special. It seems to be the 1917 'new service' from what I can figure out. I've looked on Numrich's site for the parts, but they are sold out of the last part I need. Is there anywhere else I can look for parts?

I'm looking for #37 and #13 in this diagram:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog...spx?catid=7208

I had ordered #13 from them, but it seems to be almost 1/8" longer than the one from the pistol.

Is there any hope to ever get this back together?

Thanks guys!
I don't know if Brownell's will have something, but they have lots of parts. You could probably call them for info.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #122
1983 CJ7 

Where are your hunting photos Scott, like the pea field, the deer and the processing???

Are you planning to use your 7 this year?
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #123
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
I didn't know if y'all would mind me asking this here, but I figured a bunch of gun enthusiasts would be on here, and would be able to help me out..

I am trying to 'restore' my father's 36 pistol, it is a Colt Official Police .38 Special. It seems to be the 1917 'new service' from what I can figure out. I've looked on Numrich's site for the parts, but they are sold out of the last part I need. Is there anywhere else I can look for parts?

I'm looking for #37 and #13 in this diagram:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog...spx?catid=7208

I had ordered #13 from them, but it seems to be almost 1/8" longer than the one from the pistol.

Is there any hope to ever get this back together?

Thanks guys!
You might give this place a try. http://www.jackfirstgun.com/ The cylinder hand #13 being longer may be that it's that way for fitting. Does the rest of the part look the same besides just being longer? That part has allot to do with the timing of the cylinder rotating.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #124
bamasteeler
1980 CJ7 

Can't we do both? :-))

image-2487124826.jpg

From last year, bow season opens up this Saturday then it's non stop until end of January! Wooohooo

1999 XJ CLASSIC
RC 3" front AAL rear
bamasteeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #125
1983 CJ7 

Nice, and good looking green too
Unread 10-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #126
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

How's everyone tote their rifle/shotgun? Every rack I come up with leaves the gun poking out the roof or in the way.
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #127
bamasteeler
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24
How's everyone tote their rifle/shotgun? Every rack I come up with leaves the gun poking out the roof or in the way.
I been wondering that since last year! Lol
I laid the stock in back seat with the barrel resting on center console last year. Thought about maybe using an atv "Y" type carrier and mount them on the rear fender wells but not sure if I wanna drill thru the fender wells yet.

1999 XJ CLASSIC
RC 3" front AAL rear
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #128
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Where are your hunting photos Scott, like the pea field, the deer and the processing???

Are you planning to use your 7 this year?
I should have placed my pics here! Sorry about that. I get selfish trying to keep my thread going!!

I will defnitely use the 7 when I am on the long plot, or maybe the .243 or -06. Most of the time I will be using my .30-.30. It's just a fun gun to use, and most of my shooting is done shorter range.

Missed two opps for pigs during archery this season... too slow, even though I was at full-draw on one of them. I haven't seen anything shootable for about a week and a half now. Only thing I got FOR SURE is another dose of chiggers, which is convincing me to stay out of the woods until it gets cold. I have never expereinced chiggers this bad!

Planting the plots with our primary crop this coming w/e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasteeler View Post
Can't we do both? :-))

Attachment 289649

From last year, bow season opens up this Saturday then it's non stop until end of January! Wooohooo
Man that's a great pic. I have seen 5 bucks during this season, and not a shot at any of them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
I always place my long gun barrel down to the floor, leaning against the pass seat. Rides well as log as you're not slamming on the brakes.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #129
bamasteeler
1980 CJ7 

Thanks Skerr!!!!!
It wasn't the biggest buck in the world but I only hunted 3 times last season---was working on the cj lol bought it in October and worked everyday for almost 2 months until I got it back together to hunt and well he walked up bright and early in the am so I said looks like it's gonna be a short day in the stand!!! Lol

1999 XJ CLASSIC
RC 3" front AAL rear
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #130
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post

I will defnitely use the 7 when I am on the long plot, or maybe the .243 or -06. Most of the time I will be using my .30-.30. It's just a fun gun to use, and most of my shooting is done shorter range.
I think there will be a lot of bloodshot meat if you run over them with your 7, maybe stick to the 243 or '06
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #131
JHAMM35
1979 CJ7 

Great thread! When we go hunting, we get to play with a whole bunch of our toys at once!

I am lucky enough to guide hunts in the golden triangle of south Texas, in La Salle county. It is not unusual to see bucks down there in the 180 BC range. We also have more than our share of ferral hogs and javelina. I wont let a yote pass by unless we are on a nice buck.

I carry a custom .270 win. It is built on a rem action. There is a custom barrel maker here in Ennis, Tx, I have become addicted to his work. His name is Shillen. I have started shooting 150 grain accubond bullets in it and I am just amazed at the way they bring down a 200+ pound south Texas buck.

Last year I built a .300 win mag on a rem700 action and Shillen barrel. I have not hunted with it yet, still breaking in the barrel and working on different loads. I think I am really going to like the .300, it doesnt kick nearly as bad as I thought it would.

Lots of times I will carry my Ruger 10-22 mag to the stand when I am with clients, just in case we get a shot at a bobcat or a yote. I am shooting some ballistic tip bullets in it. They dont leave nearly as big of "window" on the exit side as the big bores do. It makes for a much nicer mount or skin. That 10-22 mag may be my favorite gun to just go shootin with. Doesnt cost a fortune every time I squeeze the trigger.

I have other long guns and shot guns as well as a host of hand guns, [Walther PPK/S, Colt 1911, Colt buntline special, Ruger single six, Ruger police service six, couple of Glocks,].

Again, geat thread! JH
JHAMM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #132
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
I think there will be a lot of bloodshot meat if you run over them with your 7, maybe stick to the 243 or '06
Comparing the two 7s, I think I'd rather get hit by the Jeep!! I know there'd be a LOT more time to get out of the way!!!!

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #133
b-dog
1985 CJ7 

we are really into tradtional archery. longbows. hunting and 3-d shoots
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #134
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Great thread!
Living in Arizona, we have Coues white tail deer. They live in some of the darnest, roughest country I have ever seen. We use the CJ5 to get there, Swarovski 15X56's to find them and the .257 Weatherby Magnum to close the deal. I handload 100grain Nosler Ballistic Tips over 66 grains of Reloader 22 ignited by a federal 215M primer. Muzzle velocity is 3453 FPS, 250 yard zero, out at 500 yards the velocity is 2438 FPS and the projectile has dropped only 24" from point of aim. I really like quarter bores. Also own a Savage 110 in 25.06 and it is a great round. But the Weatherby is way cool. Can't wait till late November for my season to begin. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #135
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Killed this buck with my bow 2 days ago. Spot and stalk, 40 yard shot, 20 yard recovery. Used my Jeep to haul him out.

Not a monster, but he'll eat real good.

Matt
my2011buck.jpg  
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.