CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding... - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 11-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #721
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

After checking out Matt's video I discovered this guy. Jim Geen, Gunsmith, Gun Works, Downeast Maine. You know him Egul?? I really enjoy his style, and I enjoyed watching his videos. He works on a lot of different guns.
http://www.youtube.com/user/downeastgunworks

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #722
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
After checking out Matt's video I discovered this guy. Jim Geen, Gunsmith, Gun Works, Downeast Maine. You know him Egul?? I really enjoy his style, and I enjoyed watching his videos. He works on a lot of different guns.
http://www.youtube.com/user/downeastgunworks
"DownEast" is a region of the state, Harrington is about 180 miles from me, or 3 1/2 hours in the Jeep. I haven't heard of Jim Green but I'll be sure to watch his YouTube stuff when I'm not at work.

Do you give the Jeep wave at night when they can't see you?
EgulAye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #723
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

He has apparently moved to Milbridge from Harrington. He is a redneck!! Ain't no way he comes from Maine. He has a ton of videos... you will enjoy watching him.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #724
YumaOutdoorsman
1986 CJ7 

Got this 4x4 this past Saturday prolly one of my toughest hunts I've ever had!
image.jpg  
YumaOutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #725
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

NICE!!!!

Luis
Unread 11-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #726
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

man I saw a nice one the other day but before I could get my cheek to my rifle he was gone in the beans...unfortunately the 250acre field I have to hunt is sharecropped and they haven't harvested their mutant chest high soybeans yet....im getting ready to take my john deere and mow me a shooting lane..lol...not really...but anyways i got my 9yr old daughter her first rifle today, a nice little h&r 243 today went ahead and had em put a Barska 3x9x40 scope on it for her...also on the list of stuff I bought so she could go hunt with me was her camo, a brickhouse ground blind, a 2 person ladder stand, a roll of duct tape(j/k), and a Caldwell dead shot field pod...hmmm we will both get use out of that...lol...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #727
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Got to spend an afternoon in pursuit of a javalina, as I've been way too busy lately. Here is a picture of my CJ with the .257 Weatherby on the hood. The mountains in the background are the Santa Catalinas. Had a friend with me and enjoyed being in the desert. God bless.
Jon In Tucson
021.jpeg   023.jpeg  

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #728
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

Dude! You suck! <Meaning I'm green with envy> Nice rig, and nice choice of caliber. Details on the rifle?

Luis
Unread 02-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #729
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper44mag View Post
Dude! You suck! <Meaning I'm green with envy> Nice rig, and nice choice of caliber. Details on the rifle?

Luis
Thanks, its a mauser action, hart stainless barrel 26" long, bell and carlson synthetic stock. It also has a Leupold VariX III 3.5X10 x40. I shoot 100 grain ballistic tips at around 3500 fps. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #730
mastercraftka
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Here is what I did yesterday, was in my 84cj7 when I spotted him. Drove back to the ranch house for the rifle then back to where I spotted him got out stalked him for about 800 yds and made a 220 shot in the top of the shoulder. Weighed 165lbs field dressed and had 33 inch tines. It was a good day.
mike-axis-2.jpg

1981 CJ 7
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #731
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka
Here is what I did yesterday, was in my 84cj7 when I spotted him. Drove back to the ranch house for the rifle then back to where I spotted him got out stalked him for about 800 yds and made a 220 shot in the top of the shoulder. Weighed 165lbs field dressed and had 33 inch tines. It was a good day.
Very cool!
Dadamsnv is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #732
mastercraftka
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
Very cool!
Thanks, it was something I probably won't see for sometime again. Now to go skin and quarter the big guy.
1981 CJ 7
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #733
travisintally
1982 CJ7 

Deer Turkeys and alligators Oh my.

Largest gator so far is 11'6". Have come close to larger. Two in pic are 10-6 and 9ftish

travisintally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #734
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Starting to get pumped up for hunting season. I'm hoping to score one of the few leftover elk tags for Colorado's first rifle season, I'll find out on August 5th.

Here is a short clip I took while hunting coyote in eastern Colorado with my brother this past winter. He had a new electric caller we were trying out and it brought in a couple curious deer. I took this video with a blackberry through a 4X MIL Dot scope, it is not as easy as it looks.

Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #735
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I bought one of those last fall too Mike. First time I took mine to the woods within 15 minutes a coyote came running and I mean running. Ran within 20 ft. of me then figured out, from winding me, it was in trouble. Coyote did not outrun the 22-250. Around here the hawks will come to the caller. I lost track of all of them that came and circled right over it. You're right it's not as easy as it looks but if you keep the wind in your favor and set-up in a spot that they like they will likely come. I'm going to try mine again very soon since the young pups will be out roaming. I hear them right here in the pasture by our house. Us and disease are about the only thing that keeps them in check so it's time to get busy!

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.