CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding... - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding...

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #691
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

OMG, Dude! That is awesome. That is some serious beautiful country. Glad you got out with the kids and had a great weekend. What does moose taste like? Chicken??

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #692
mhh
1979 CJ7 

Not sure if this is the right place to post... but I've got a '79 CJ-7 up for sale. It has been professionally mechanically restored this year, and obviously had all of the maintenance done. I'm located in Memphis. If any of you know anybody looking for a CJ with the AMC 304 engine, let me know!

I have many more pictures, and I will be happy to answer any questions about the work that has been performed.
img_1284.jpg  
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #693
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
OMG, Dude! That is awesome. That is some serious beautiful country. Glad you got out with the kids and had a great weekend. What does moose taste like? Chicken??
Haha, partridge tastes like chicken, only better than anything you would ever find in a store.

Moose doesn't have as strong a flavor as deer, but a bit more than elk. It's super lean and you have to cook it with oil or other grease every time. If you try to grill a 100% moose burger on the grill it will fall to pieces because it is so lean. (Think bacon burger!) I love it and everyone I know that will eat wild game loves it.

I didn't put a lot of scenic photos in my previous post, it seems like I was on the move every time we had a great view of something - or I was too busy enjoying it to take a photo. The few photos I did post really don't do it justice. Do they ever? Between the two trips I think we got to see the peak foliage changes. I'll try to throw a few more photos up tonight.

Do you give the Jeep wave at night when they can't see you?
EgulAye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #694
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post... but I've got a '79 CJ-7 up for sale. It has been professionally mechanically restored this year, and obviously had all of the maintenance done. I'm located in Memphis. If any of you know anybody looking for a CJ with the AMC 304 engine, let me know!

I have many more pictures, and I will be happy to answer any questions about the work that has been performed.
No, it's not the right place to post, would be better if you just posted a thread in the main CJ forum or in the classifieds where it belongs.
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #695
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Skerr, here is a smaller version of the video I posted yesterday: Beaver Dams..., it's 20MB instead of 140MB.

Unread 10-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #696
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Is that Poplar you're driving through, and who keeps the roads clear? That is some great footage. Jealous!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #697
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Is that Poplar you're driving through, and who keeps the roads clear? That is some great footage. Jealous!
Scott, a lot of it is poplar. There is a variety of other hardwoods and lots of firs too. Poplar is the most common deciduous though, it grows fast and is great for paper making.

Unless the logging company needs a road the only way it stays clears is if a hunter or fisherman stops to move the obstacle. Just this weekend I drove around a couple of treetops laying in the road dozens of times because nobody has stopped to clear them out. The road is wide enough to go around them and so the ruts and grass center now swerve around them I was very tempted to hook my tow rope on and pull them free but I ended up leaving them.

Go look at your Fallon build thread, I put a question there.

Unread 10-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #698
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

I'm only three weeks away from heading back out to Colorado for this years 4th season elk hunt. Unfortunately, Jim is not heading out with me again this year. Hopefully he can make it next year. Just picked up a laser range finder with built in bullet drop compensation and a new GPS with 24K TOPO for Colorado. I am starting to get excited.

My brother shot this bad boy a couple days ago in the furthest NW corner of Colorado. I can't wait to hear his story and now I am even more excited!
rich-elk.jpg  
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #699
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
I'm only three weeks away from heading back out to Colorado for this years 4th season elk hunt. Unfortunately, Jim is not heading out with me again this year. Hopefully he can make it next year. Just picked up a laser range finder with built in bullet drop compensation and a new GPS with 24K TOPO for Colorado. I am starting to get excited.

My brother shot this bad boy a couple days ago in the furthest NW corner of Colorado. I can't wait to hear his story and now I am even more excited!
That is just gorgeous!

Unread 10-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #700
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

That sure is a dandy bull Rich killed! I can hear this story now . Of the talents your brother has he sure is blessed with being able to tell stories. I still get a kick out of that one he told about the attack dog and that storage place Tell all of them I said hi when you get there. Hey I bet Rich has made some improvements over the camp from last year. That was a great time!
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #701
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

I haven't got to hunt much this year but I have a doe been hanging around the porch for a few months. I think she will drag the bucks in this year I shouldn't have to go far.
1401483_10200626857984983_239727057_o.jpg

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #702
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
I haven't got to hunt much this year but I have a doe been hanging around the porch for a few months. I think she will drag the bucks in this year I shouldn't have to go far.
Hey Hash... Ahm thankin thairz sumpin rong wif thet kid 'o yourn on th rite! Ya'll bin in th woodz tu long!

Unread 10-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #703
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Hey Hash... Ahm thankin thairz sumpin rong wif thet kid 'o yourn on th rite! Ya'll bin in th woodz tu long!
Thats Penelope on the right. I'm stayin in the woods town aint got nuthin to offer me
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #704
mastercraftka
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Here was my first turkey bow kill, he had an 11" beard.
photo-8-.jpg

turkey.jpg

1981 CJ 7
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #705
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
Here was my first turkey bow kill, he had an 11" beard.
Nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.