CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding... - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ owner's who prefer hunting and shooting to trail riding...

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 07-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #301
1983 CJ7 

Nice buck gator', and that is a beast of a CJ

Sweet collection of firearms, love the 243, the A5 is quail buster and I have wanted an Encore for a long time!

Unread 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #302
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Scott,
Are you sure you were not there? We heard the cops had to break up a fight in front of the only bar in Petersburg the first night we were there and I could have sworn I saw your boat in the harbor.

They even had your sign there too.
That's funny Mike! Actually, that was my crab boat. About 7.5 years ago I started catching King Crabs and making videos of my success. All the locals wanted to know how I made so much money with such a little boat. I wouldn't tell them, so somebody stole my it! Then they started their own TV show!! Looks like you found my boat. You can have it.

Here is the original SS Kerrdog. It's what I traded for Clay's CJ. Wish I still had the boat!
img_0370_1.jpg  

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #303
1983 CJ7 

I agree with you Scott, that is a nice boat and I understand why you regret selling it!

Okay guys and gals, it's almost that time of year again!

I missed the deadline for archery and a few other state draws but we still have the opportunity for deer, hog, javalina and exotics. I need to get the application in for me and the girls.

I don't have a lease lined up for opening day of deer season so I talked to the girls about a day lease as an alternative. They said that would be cool but not the same as hunting on the farm where they are free to spot and stalk; they did say they really wanted to go offshore fishing since they have never had the chance but we will wait until it cools down a bit.

The squirrels will be running for cover when we get to the farm Christmas.

I plan to order a few AR500 plates before we go, I want to get all the kids trying some long range shots, preferably 300+ this year. The plates are kinda like a catfish farm to me, once they try it they will be hooked...hearing the ring is much more gratifying that busting a 2-liter bottle or punching a hole in paper

I have loads ready for most everything for hunting and steel but I am still futzing with the 260. The initial loads looked promising but there is no consistency at all; I would prefer groups twice the size of those below if I could count on it the majority of the time.

Unread 08-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #304
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Getting my bow dialed in for the upcoming archery elk season. 40 yard group. I'm happy.

I also put the hardtop and doors back on my hunting rig.

Matt
huntingprep1.jpg   huntingprep2.jpg  
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #305
1983 CJ7 

Looks like you are good to go Matt
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #306
Gido
1980 CJ7 

Not a bad group Matt. I was getting my new anarchy ready for how season and noticed the servings on the yoke r coming apart so, I called bear and they gave me a whole new string. Can't wait for archery to open! Hear deery deery deery!

in memory of Jimmy Smith - a wise man
Gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #307
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Getting my bow dialed in for the upcoming archery elk season. 40 yard group. I'm happy.

I also put the hardtop and doors back on my hunting rig.

Matt
Nice group man!

Good luck on your hunt. My pops drew an archery cow tag this year, and the season has already started. He called me up in a tizzy fit the other day. He plugged one real good right behind the shoulder, but man those elk are tough. Once, that adrenaline hit, she was gone gone gone. eventually, the trail went from lots of blood to a few drops, then nothing. He was PISSED!

I drew late season cow for rifle. I'm pretty stoked about it. Last year went swimmingly
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #308
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

I had a little fun at the range last night. Seven targets with a draw in 9.41 seconds. I've gotten into the 8's a couple times. Need to work on my first shot time. Shot with a Sig Sauer P239 in .40 cal.

Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #309
jdboy
1985 CJ7 

Here's my paper puncher, the second pic is of the new scope, rings, and base.

5 shot group at 100yrds

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #310
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

My wife "Big Al" and her first kill
pig.jpg  
Unread 08-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #311
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
I had a little fun at the range last night. Seven targets with a draw in 9.41 seconds. I've gotten into the 8's a couple times. Need to work on my first shot time. Shot with a Sig Sauer P239 in .40 cal.

Click the picture to watch the video. Can't figure out the coding to make it play here.
I didn't know you competed Mike. That's cool. The boys and I really enjoy the competitive shooting. It is fairly cheap once you have your initial equipment. Some of the people there are really amazing. I shoot in the top 15%. Jake and Clay shoot in the top 25%. We generally have about 115 shooters. This is IDPA over in Jacksonville. Here is our crowd, a stage and pics of me and Clay.
img_3498_1.jpg   img_3499_1.jpg   copy-1-dsc01305.jpg   img_4286.jpg  

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #312
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

That's awesome. I wasn't shooting competitively, that was just at a friend's rock quarry where we get to have fun shooting different scenarios to keep it interesting. A few of the guys at the range do shoot competitively though. Might be fun to tag along with them to a match.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #313
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
That's awesome. I wasn't shooting competitively, that was just at a friend's rock quarry where we get to have fun shooting different scenarios to keep it interesting. A few of the guys at the range do shoot competitively though. Might be fun to tag along with them to a match.
You would have fun, I promise.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 08-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #314
teh603
1963 CJ5 

I need to find a good deer butcher in the Gatesville-Temple area. Mom doesn't like my butchering skills, and we've already agreed that I'm cooking the next deer that follows me home.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #315
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
I have loads ready for most everything for hunting and steel but I am still futzing with the 260. The initial loads looked promising but there is no consistency at all; I would prefer groups twice the size of those below if I could count on it the majority of the time.

I don't get it, Dave. There is nothing inconsistent with those shots. They are very good! What's wrong??

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.