CJ of the Month - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ of the Month

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #16
Curt Reinhardt
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
I agree wholeheartedly..

However.. the 3 judges have to get together in order for this to work. They have to pick the finalists "collectively" and then shoot me the list so I can post the poll. Having 3 individuals send me 3 different lists isn't gonna accomplish anything. I would end up just doing the list myself and posting it for vote.
Are we having fun yet Eddie?

Curt Reinhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #17
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

I'm cool with John! No problems at all there!
And I'll work with 'Fatman' if he's willing to pull it together long enough to do this.

How about each of us rating the entries in order from their first choice to last choice, then it's simple tabulation between the three lists...
Rate all the entries from '1' to '10' so there aren't any misunderstandings...
And I'd be glad to post my choices, in order, on the thread for review, or we can do this via email, how ever!
It's all good with me!

John, what do you think? Did you have a different idea?
BSERK, Fatman, I'd like to hear ideas from you guys also...

Rate your top 10, 1 through 10, then average?
Or do you want to do it some other way?
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #18
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I think it's best to keep the voting private.

I can think of a few things that would make tabulation easier right on this forum but it probably take up a lot of Besrk's time. If everyone sends me thier votes I'll shove it into a spreadsheet and list the results among the judges and report the winner to Besrk. If there is a tie, I'll let everyone know right away and maybe we can ask person in the tie to send a couple of additional shots to us via email or PMs.

How many and how often are we doing this? Maybe the results can be sold in a JF Calendar.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #19
Rocketbass88
1986 CJ7 

The Calendar is a great idea. Then, maybe the profits from the calendars could go towards little prizes for the winners. Like a $25 Quadratec gift card or something. I don't know, there are a lot of possibilities with this.
Unread 11-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #20
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post

I can think of a few things that would make tabulation easier right on this forum but it probably take up a lot of Besrk's time. If everyone sends me thier votes I'll shove it into a spreadsheet and list the results among the judges and report the winner to Besrk. If there is a tie, I'll let everyone know right away and maybe we can ask person in the tie to send a couple of additional shots to us via email or PMs.

How many and how often are we doing this? Maybe the results can be sold in a JF Calendar.
Cool with me if you want to do the tabulation John.
Just let me know when we are supposed to report, around the 14 or 15th if I understood it correctly....?

And count me in for a calender!
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #21
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

John, if you could do that, I'll buy ya a beer or 6 the next time I see you!!

Yeah.. I'm really wanting to just get a "Okay Eddie, here's the 10 we picked" kind of thing. I can then lock the thread, delete the "non finalists" and do a Poll for the top 10... too easy.

Oh BTW, I believe Maxbilt is going to sponsor this month's contest with a gift card of some sort.

If for some reason, that doesn't work out, I'll come up with something myself.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #22
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Cool with me, just let me know exactly what day you want to the list in to John from me and we'll go from there!
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #23
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
Cool with me, just let me know exactly what day you want to the list in to John from me and we'll go from there!
How bout the 15th? That would give us a couple days to sort it and get the poll started.. leaving 10-12 days of voting.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #24
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
And speaking as a judge,
From what I've seen so far there aren't enough pictures or enough explanation about things...

No one has mentioned custom bumpers, sway bar disconnects, ect. so far.
Only one guy has mentioned full width axles, and I'd REALLY like to see some drivers view pictures of the cockpit layout also...

Trail action pictures are ALWAYS a good thing!
I'd like to actually get the low down on the rig I'm supposed to be voting for!

I don't know about the other two judges, but speaking for myself,
Mall pounders need not apply, trail jeeps will always get top marks.
Good paint always a plus, but not necessary...

'Home Brew' solutions and 'Homemade' parts always take top honors over 'Mail Order' parts!

A guy with a "Mail Order-Mall Pounder" will get trumped by a plain, but capable trail jeep!

If that sounds harsh, then follow me on a 'Trail' around here some time and you will see why I swing that way!
-----------------------

And by all means, nominate YOUR RIG!
No one knows what your rig will do like you!

That is exactly why I suggested that the submission be as a build-up thread
Unread 11-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #25
Fatman
2008 CJ7 

Quote:
How about each of us rating the entries in order from their first choice to last choice, then it's simple tabulation between the three lists...
Rate all the entries from '1' to '10' so there aren't any misunderstandings...

John, what do you think? Did you have a different idea?
BSERK, Fatman, I'd like to hear ideas from you guys also...
This sounds like the easyist method!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post

If everyone sends me thier votes I'll shove it into a spreadsheet and list the results among the judges and report the winner to Besrk.
So how about on the 15 of the month we PM John all entrys listed with a rating of 10 (best in opinion) to 1 (we like your jeep, but you forgot to add a tub)
At which point John can either pass all 3 lists on to Eddie or he can tabulate the totals of all entrys and pass on the top 10 to Eddie.
This does'nt have to be hard for anyone.
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

I think there is a better way....

Maybe it's just me but I still think the JOTM should be based on nominations from others and not submitted by oneself. That way the rigs with the most nomiation votes could be voted upon by the forum members for top honors.

I also think it shouldn't be predicated on how hard core it is since many people on this board have DDs or customs that are equally as nice as some rock crawlers... just in a differnent way.

I submit that an easier way to do this is to have a "nominate" button on the forums that would work similar to the "thumbs up" icons. If a member sees a rig in someones profile or avatar that they admire, they could do a onetime nomination for it by clicking on the icon. Then at the end of the month, the top 3-5 scoring rigs are showcased and voted on by poll for the forum participants to vote on for the award.

Each new month, the previously nominated rigs scores would be cleared and new nominated rigs would again be judged and processed as before.

That way, there is no hard feelings or possiblility of favoritism or bias by anybody.

Just my .02c

Click HERE to check out my CJ5 restoration project page
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #27
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I don't think this will be too difficult. Honestly, it's not like we're going to have 100 rigs to narrow down each month. I mean.. we're only up to 14 submissions and 4 more days to go for submissions this month. Of those 14, we'll take 10 and put them to "vote". Winner will be picked by majority vote.. easy.

Each winner will be eliminated from the pool so only "fresh meat" will win every month. Shoot, at the rate we're going, we'll deplete all candidates in a year...

It really needs to be "self submissions" too.. that way, you've already got all the vehicle's info. Plus, someone may want to wait to submit their rig after a rebuild..etc.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #28
kavephish
1981 CJ5 

hrmmmmph....I think that quote from Fatman was directed at my entry...guess I'll get a "1"

But hey, you can't win if your name isn't in the hat.

Good luck to the rest of the "finished" Jeeps! I'll put a "real" entry in when she's done.
kavephish is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.