CJ LAREDO UNDERHOOD INSULATION and PINSTRIPE. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ LAREDO UNDERHOOD INSULATION and PINSTRIPE.

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring Harness

Unread 10-16-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
1mtnman
1981 CJ7 

CJ LAREDO UNDERHOOD INSULATION and PINSTRIPE.

Can somebody tell me where I can buy a underhood insulation pad for my 1981 Laredo? I found one vendor that listed it but he said the supplier no longer makes it. I would be willing to use a "cut to fit" pad but I can't even find that. One other thing...a source for the factory pinstriping that goes on the hard doors and around the back?? Thanks!

1mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

CollinsBrosJeep.com will have both of those items.

Hood Insulation: http://collinsbros.stores.yahoo.net/hoodinsulation.html

Striping: Laredo Decal & Stripe Kit

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
joes1982CJ

i never had a jeep with this, i wonder if it reduces engine noise? my fan is so loud on my 84 scramber that i would be willing to try anything. not a bad price considering its from collins bros.
joes1982CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
fredrok
1985 CJ7 

I'd be interested in some input as well from those that did not and then did have it. Thanks
Unread 10-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #5
1mtnman
1981 CJ7 

Collins Bros doesn't have...

Thanks for your suggestion of Collins Bros. but they are the people that told me they no longer carry it. The stripe kit they have is for all the Laredo stripes (except the pinstripe that I need) for $309. Anybody have any other sources? Thanks again.
Unread 10-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #6
DucST4

1984 CJ7 

try Phoenix Graphix Phoenix Graphix: Car Auto Decals Graphics, Factory Restoration Stickers for GM, Mopar, Ford Motor Co., Plymouth, Dodge, AMC, Trans Am, Camaro, Chevy, Mustang, JEEP, CJ
DucST4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

The brand that Collins Bros. sold for hood insulation was not NOS from AMC Jeep but from a company called R.E.M. Automotive Inc. They produce most of the aftermarket insulation panels for restoration including door panels, firewall pads, glove boxes, headliner pads and so on. You can contact them and ask who sells them or you might be able to buy from them direct. They are located in Annville PA.

REM Automotive, INC

As far as trying to find just pinstripe for the doors and back, try calling Phoenix Graphics or better yet, your local shop that does pin stripping.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
mjfitz99
1986 CJ7 

I have the insulation. While I have never had the hood setup without it, the hood is not warm to the touch and I really can't here the 258 at all.
mjfitz99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
Happy Joe
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
i never had a jeep with this, i wonder if it reduces engine noise? my fan is so loud on my 84 scramber that i would be willing to try anything.
I have had several jeeps without the under hood insulation and my current Jeep (Laredo) has it; in my experience there is little noise difference. However, my engines are not abnormally loud and the turbo muffler probably contributes to the overall noise masking many differences. I did notice a very slight noise increase when I went to multi-point injection but it was negligible.
Most fan noise comes through the radiator or from under the engine compartment so I would not expect much more than a 2-3 db noise impact at best from the insulation. I don't use electric fans as they are obnoxiously noisy, and for most applications unnecessary, IMO.

Enjoy!

Carburetors became obsolete during the last century... do what ever it takes to get fuel injection...It makes bigger grins off road.
Happy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #10
1mtnman
1981 CJ7 

Thanks keith460

Many thanks for the REM link. They said they still make the insulation and I will get it from them. Phoenix Graphics only sells the complete stripe kit so I will have to try to find something close. No pinstripe people in my town. Thanks again.
Unread 10-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
andyt86CJ
1986 CJ7 

are you looking for the pinstripe that goes around the dash ? Austin Jeeps sells them I believe

1986 CJ7 Laredo: Olympic White on Honey
2006 Lexus LX470 (Landcruiser)
andyt86CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.