CJ intake manifold survey - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ intake manifold survey

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-25-2002, 04:16 PM   #1
Brendan

CJ intake manifold survey

I'm looking to swap a CJ intake manifold into my wrangler, for the sake of losing all my emisions devices. I was wondering what year manifold to look for. (I have the 258) I don't want EGR or any other emisions crap. I have about 7 holes with sensors and hoses sticking out of them. ANy info is highly appreciated.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2002, 06:52 PM   #2
jepthng1

i was curious why you would want to remove
that stuff. does it not work.
or do you think it will run better without it.
jepthng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
Brendan

the weber doesn't use a computer like the Carter did. All the connections to the intake manifold went to a computer, and were interpreted and sent back to the carter. Those connections serve no purpose, and my jeep won't run any differently at all. I really want to simplify my engine bay. I have pictures of my engine bay with the carter, and now, and there's a huge difference. I guess, you can say why remove them if they don't hurt your engine, but why not remove them if they don't do anything?

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.