CJ Heater/Vent Cable - anyoneknow how to change it out? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Heater/Vent Cable - anyoneknow how to change it out?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 07-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
joepineapple
1984 CJ7 

CJ Heater/Vent Cable - anyoneknow how to change it out?

Hey Y'all - I just got a replacement cable- it's the longest one of the bunch. Can anyone help me by giving directions on how to remove the old cable from the dashboard? I have removed the billet knob, but how do you take out the collar and the rest of the cable? I assume it pulls out instead of pushing through. I'm haveing trouble with that collar! Thanks, Joe P

joepineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Look at the new one and you will see how the two tangs will grab to the dash when you push it through the hole. You need to squeeze the tangs together to pull it back out of the front of the dash.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
madjeepist

two plastic ears on the back of the dash. squeeze together and pull out.
madjeepist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
joepineapple
1984 CJ7 

Leaving the air conditioning and going out to try that! Thanks for the quick reply folks.
Unread 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
joepineapple
1984 CJ7 

Update - what a pain to get up under the dashboard! Every time I have to do that I have to lie on my back half in and out of the jeep. Anyway, I tried to squeeze those tabs together but gave up and bent the cable from behind the dash until it snapped off. Bottom line - New cable is in!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.