CJ Hardtop Manufacturer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Hardtop Manufacturer?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-31-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
clutch45

CJ Hardtop Manufacturer?

Hi

I was wondering where I could get a new Hardtop and doors
for a CJ. I have not bought a jeep yet but it will most likely be between 76-79. I used search and saw that new tops were about 2k but a manufacturer was never mentioned. So any help would be appreciated.

Thx

clutch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 08:07 AM   #2
Scramblin_Man

Why buy a brand new top when there are used tops out there for ALOT less money? What you save can be put into mods for the Jeep. BTW I have a white hardtop with good glass. The only problem is the rear liftgate needs replaced. They run about $200. I want $300 for my top. For $500 you can have a top that is just as good as those $2000 tops.

Scramblin Man
Scramblin_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 10:58 AM   #3
rustyCJ

you can find used hardtops around here, i dont know bout where you live, for anywhere between $75 and $300. the $75 ones usually need a new liftgate and a coat of paint, the $300 ones are usually the ones someone took off after they bought thier jeep when they put a soft top on and stored it. needless to say look for a used top first and dont worry bout manufacturer.
Unread 05-31-2003, 01:35 PM   #4
explortainment

AJ's in PA makes and sells fiberglass hard tops for cj's.

http://www.ajsjeepbodies.com/

you have to ask them to send you a catalogue or email them for a price. They have a lot of things in their catalogue that aren't shown on their site.

I think the tops go for 1200$ or so
explortainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 05:35 PM   #5
hollywood

Where do you live? I've got a few - I'd sell one good shape for $500
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #6
clutch45

Thanks for the replies. I live in Oregon. I have not bought my jeep yet but wanted to be sure I could get a hardtop for it when I did if it does not come with one since it rains Alot here. If I get one that does not have a hardtop I will definitely get back to those of you that have ones for sale I did not realize there were so many used ones out there for sale. Thanks again
clutch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 06:00 PM   #7
Sacredgroove

hollywood...im looking for a hardtop for an 84 cj7,but im in north carolina. by your name i would guess your in cali...shipping might be really expensive. let me know some details though ,email me at sacredgroove@nc.rr.com thanks, Dave
Sacredgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 08:59 PM   #8
wm69

Hardtops are easy to find, it's the full steel doors that are expensive. Now is buyers market as most people don't look for a top and doors until winter. I would worry about finding a jeep first, then if it doesn't have a top you can look for one. You'd be surprised how many you'll look at that will already have a hardtop. I paid $800 for my top and doors for my "85 (good deal). You should be able to find a set for about $1000; expect to pay $600 for later style doors and $350-$450 for a top in good shape. If you find one cheap with a rusted out rear gate you can get a fiberglass rear gate for $150. Good luck.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:02 AM   #9
DeJeep

Hrd tops in utah ?

Anyone got a used CJ7 hard top they wanna sell thats close to me in utah. I would like one just for the winter months. not looking so spend a lot don't mind rusty lift gate if the price is right Thanks.....e-mail me at derodbuilder@hotmail.com thanks
DeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.