CJ Hardtop Manufacturer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Hardtop Manufacturer?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-31-2003, 01:34 AM   #1
clutch45

CJ Hardtop Manufacturer?

Hi

I was wondering where I could get a new Hardtop and doors
for a CJ. I have not bought a jeep yet but it will most likely be between 76-79. I used search and saw that new tops were about 2k but a manufacturer was never mentioned. So any help would be appreciated.

Thx

clutch45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2003, 09:07 AM   #2
Scramblin_Man

Why buy a brand new top when there are used tops out there for ALOT less money? What you save can be put into mods for the Jeep. BTW I have a white hardtop with good glass. The only problem is the rear liftgate needs replaced. They run about $200. I want $300 for my top. For $500 you can have a top that is just as good as those $2000 tops.

Scramblin Man
Scramblin_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2003, 11:58 AM   #3
rustyCJ

you can find used hardtops around here, i dont know bout where you live, for anywhere between $75 and $300. the $75 ones usually need a new liftgate and a coat of paint, the $300 ones are usually the ones someone took off after they bought thier jeep when they put a soft top on and stored it. needless to say look for a used top first and dont worry bout manufacturer.
Unread 05-31-2003, 02:35 PM   #4
explortainment

AJ's in PA makes and sells fiberglass hard tops for cj's.

http://www.ajsjeepbodies.com/

you have to ask them to send you a catalogue or email them for a price. They have a lot of things in their catalogue that aren't shown on their site.

I think the tops go for 1200$ or so
explortainment is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
hollywood

Where do you live? I've got a few - I'd sell one good shape for $500
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2003, 01:30 PM   #6
clutch45

Thanks for the replies. I live in Oregon. I have not bought my jeep yet but wanted to be sure I could get a hardtop for it when I did if it does not come with one since it rains Alot here. If I get one that does not have a hardtop I will definitely get back to those of you that have ones for sale I did not realize there were so many used ones out there for sale. Thanks again
clutch45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2003, 07:00 PM   #7
Sacredgroove

hollywood...im looking for a hardtop for an 84 cj7,but im in north carolina. by your name i would guess your in cali...shipping might be really expensive. let me know some details though ,email me at sacredgroove@nc.rr.com thanks, Dave
Sacredgroove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
wm69

Hardtops are easy to find, it's the full steel doors that are expensive. Now is buyers market as most people don't look for a top and doors until winter. I would worry about finding a jeep first, then if it doesn't have a top you can look for one. You'd be surprised how many you'll look at that will already have a hardtop. I paid $800 for my top and doors for my "85 (good deal). You should be able to find a set for about $1000; expect to pay $600 for later style doors and $350-$450 for a top in good shape. If you find one cheap with a rusted out rear gate you can get a fiberglass rear gate for $150. Good luck.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2003, 09:02 AM   #9
DeJeep

Hrd tops in utah ?

Anyone got a used CJ7 hard top they wanna sell thats close to me in utah. I would like one just for the winter months. not looking so spend a lot don't mind rusty lift gate if the price is right Thanks.....e-mail me at derodbuilder@hotmail.com thanks
DeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.