CJ guy rents JK in Moab - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ guy rents JK in Moab

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 05-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
sgtbookie
1982 CJ5 

CJ guy rents JK in Moab

Ok, slightly off topic, but wanted to share.

Finally had a chance to do some wheeling in Moab this past week in a rental 13 JK Rubicon. New to offroading in this type of terrain. Favorite part was when we caught up with some CJ7's and an old Suzuki Samurai. Really nice folks out of Washington, Arizona and Colorado (if anyone recognizes the CJs let me know, would love to share some of the other pics of their Jeeps with them). Very envious now of our members in the Utah area and out west.

Our rental

Random CJs that showed up.

sgtbookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Bubba Ray
1984 CJ7 

I would like to do what you did. We checked into the same trip a few years ago but plans changed. How much was the rental and who did you rent from? Would you do it the same way again?
Bubba Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
sgtbookie
1982 CJ5 

Hey Bubba, we rented from Cliffhanger Jeep rentals. They weren't the most or least expensive, but their whole fleet was either JK Rubicons, or what they call Rubicon extreme (Lifted, bigger tires, etc.) and their pickup was 7:30am and drop off by 6p for the day (they say they have the longest rental day of any company in Moab). I think we paid around $250ish, which included the coverage for glass and tires. The pictures are from "Fins and Things" trail. We were leery of doing any damage to the Rubicon but the guy at Cliffhangers practically insisted we head over that way. It was awesome. Hell's Revenge was also recommended, but we ended up being a bit more relaxed in the afternoon and hit Gemini Bridges and Longs Canyon for some site seeing.

Yea, I would use them again. Getting a chance to play in a mostly stock Rubicon was fun.
sgtbookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
sanctified
2013 JK Wrangler 

Glad you enjoyed the trip. I am headed down next week for a short trip with some buddies from work. A few years ago my family rented a couple JKU's like you did down there. I had been down before with my family mainly biking but had also seen a bit of wheeling, we did Elephant Hill in a stock Waggy and left with most of it. I had so much fun in the rentals I knew that I wanted to get a Jeep of my own. It took a few years but now I have a CJ7.

To anyone interested in renting a Jeep while in Moab do some research before you pick a place. Some of the outfits are VERY restrictive about what trails you can run and won't really tell you until you are on your way out the door. We did Fins and another trail that they talked up but was just a dirt road to nowhere. There are threads in the "Utah" section here where this has been discussed. From what I understand Cliffhanger is one of the better outfits.
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.