CJ Fuse Panel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Fuse Panel

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Chrisfol82

CJ Fuse Panel

I started redoing the wiring in my jeep and eliminating alot of the unnecessary wires.

My fuse panel as a few terminals that are broken, and as a result the previous owner spliced in some inline fuses in place of the broken terminls on the fuse panel.
Id like to replace the broken terminals so that i can run the wires though the fuse box as they should be and not through seperate inline fuses.

Anyone know if the little terminal connectors that fit into the fuse panel are available anywhere.

There are some that are single terminal, and some that are multiple terminal. I only have a few that are broken and dont really want to have to buy a whole wiring kit or new fuse box just because of a few bad connectors.

Other than that the wiring is all in good shape so i plant to reuse most of it and eliminate all the extra wires that AMC included that i dont think i need anymore.

Its an 84 CJ7

Chrisfol82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
Uncle Russ
1984 CJ7 

Good luck finding the correct connectors to support your fuse block. On my 84, I ended up installing a Painless factory kit (which turned out to be anything but painless!) to fix the broken fuse block connectors plus bad connectors in the engine harness. In theory, you should be able to find the connectors since there shouldn't be anything special about them, they should be the typical fuse connectors used with the plastic bodied fuses. I had the same problem with my fuse block, the IGN LPS circuit was the primary trouble maker...the connectors broke off providing a less-than-reliable electrical connection on this circuit which I found to be the same circuit that powered up the stupid engine control computer. No computer, no running engine (when you're forced to maintain the smog spec!) for me!
-- Robert Earl Keen

Military Jeepers Click Here!
Uncle Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:13 AM   #3
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I just stumbled across these when I was thinking about making a PCB for my dash:
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...1001699591.htm

http://enecomponents.manufacturer.gl...-Fuse-Clip.htm

http://www.keyelco.com/products/prod...bCategoryID=45

Key word is "ATC fuse clips" or holders

Last edited by John Strenk; 06-24-2008 at 05:24 AM..
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Smtty58
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Had the same problem on my GMC. Got replacement terminals from NAPA.

Western Mass. 4x4
Smtty58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
JohnnyRotten
1978 CJ5 

Ron Francis sells the pig tails male and female google ron francis wiring they are on there somewhere I have bought them before. At least for my 79 CJ5 they were the same.
JohnnyRotten is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.