The CJ Express - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The CJ Express

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #91
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Sounds like you will have your hands full when back in the states... God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #92
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteve View Post
My eyes still can't get by those shackles....
I have the more "airy" version of them I just removed..

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #93
79cj7amc304auto

Saw that typhoon on the radar it looked massive how was it riding it out? My wide and I were there in '99? for typhoon Bart which I think was the biggest one in 13 years u were talking about. They clocked winds on futenma at 221 mph. I was livin off base near the sunabe sea wall it was nutz. Anyhow thanks for the oki reminder we loved it there. If ya surf... I have all the secret spots mapped out on an island map somewhere in my memorabilia box. I can dig it out if ya want a copy. My fav spot was Ike island on the east side. Long road to get there but it faces wide open to the Pacific. Big time waves on the north point (can't recall the name but wowwww!!!)
79cj7amc304auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #94
79cj7amc304auto

Quick Oki suggestion. Rent a boat from seawall lagoon and head north and west. There are a group of islands few miles off shore that are absolutely spectacular and an absolute must with ur scuba quals. Can get naked w the ol lady and scuba ur *** off!!!!!
79cj7amc304auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #95
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJensen View Post
-The wife and I are expecting our second child, a daughter, in July.
Congrats to you and the Mrs.. I guess you found a second hobby you could both agree on!
Any luck with the yakisoba recipe yet? (I know I know, you forgot all about it. Understood.) So I take it your at Kinser. That's where I spent my year at.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #96
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiablejeep View Post
I have the more "airy" version of them I just removed..
now THOSE look like some sketchy shackles! wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cj7amc304auto View Post
Saw that typhoon on the radar it looked massive how was it riding it out? My wide and I were there in '99? for typhoon Bart which I think was the biggest one in 13 years u were talking about. They clocked winds on futenma at 221 mph. I was livin off base near the sunabe sea wall it was nutz. Anyhow thanks for the oki reminder we loved it there. If ya surf... I have all the secret spots mapped out on an island map somewhere in my memorabilia box. I can dig it out if ya want a copy. My fav spot was Ike island on the east side. Long road to get there but it faces wide open to the Pacific. Big time waves on the north point (can't recall the name but wowwww!!!)
The typhoon was actually a huge let down. I was expecting much more, but it petered out right before it hit the island.
Haven't surfed in many many years, and I've been out that way once, looks like it would be some prime surfing out that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cj7amc304auto View Post
Quick Oki suggestion. Rent a boat from seawall lagoon and head north and west. There are a group of islands few miles off shore that are absolutely spectacular and an absolute must with ur scuba quals. Can get naked w the ol lady and scuba ur *** off!!!!!
I think I might know the islands you are talking about, haven't dove there yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
Congrats to you and the Mrs.. I guess you found a second hobby you could both agree on!
Any luck with the yakisoba recipe yet? (I know I know, you forgot all about it. Understood.) So I take it your at Kinser. That's where I spent my year at.
And I haven't forgotten about the yakisoba recipe, just haven't found one worthy enough to pass along to a fellow Jeeper! I'm actually up on Foster. I've actually got one of the Okinawans I work with getting a recipe from his wife that I will try out this coming week and see if it is worthy to be passed along.

The CJ Express
Don't argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

"100 BUX" Build Thread
SgtJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #97
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budblind View Post
Congrats on the new addition to the family. Sounds like you will have your hands full when back in the states... God bless.
Jon In Tucson
Thanks, and I sure will. But at that point, hopefully my son will be old enough to at least be a tool fetcher!

Wife and I already decided on a name for our daughter - Emily Ann. Named after her grandmother's first name, and my mother's middle name. Looking forward to having a little princess around.

The CJ Express
Don't argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

"100 BUX" Build Thread
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #98
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

New fenders courtesy of BioTex! And so the parts buying begins!
image-754233557.jpg   image-1063705518.jpg  

The CJ Express

"100 BUX" Build Thread
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #99
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on Emily Ann!

I like your choice on the engine. The H.O. 4.0 with the proper gearing is a very hard working indestructable engine. Combined with your 4.2L already in there, and you have most everything you need for a good stroker.

I just picked up an 90 MJ which has the Renix FI system, but I'm going the stroker route also. I wish it was HO, but that didn't start until a year or so later.

Gosh, I just realized it has been a whole year! I'll go sip a cold one sitting in the Express for ya!
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #100
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Looking forward to having a little princess around.
Be careful what you wish for... I have 2 princesses now... and the QUEEN.

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #101
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

image-1985984069.jpg

Think she'll make a good Express companion, don't you guys?

The CJ Express

"100 BUX" Build Thread
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #102
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Attachment 571064

Think she'll make a good Express companion, don't you guys?
You may have to stretch the frame to accommodate the whole family...
God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #103
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

Gentlemen, my apologies for not staying in touch with everyone here on the forum as much as I would have liked, but it's been quite the rough few months for my family. I just returned to Okinawa after being in Houston, TX since the end of March. I'll give you all a quick run down of events, because if I went into detail, I'm pretty sure I'd get a book deal out of the wall of text. So, here goes:

Late March, my wife and I find out that our daughter (who my wife was pregnant with at the time) has Spina Bifida. We head to Houston to Texas Children's Hospital so my wife and baby can be evaluated for what's called a fetal intervention surgery. Long story short, in the first week of April, the doctor's there at TCH performed neurosurgery on my still unborn daughter. Emily Ann was born via C-Section on July 1 at 7 lbs, and 19 1/4 inches. Both mother and daughter are doing splendidly now.

But, I get ahead of myself. A few days after arriving in TX, I get a call after leaving church with my family (wife, son, in-laws). My mother is calling me from Virginia with the news that my 15 year old cousin had taken his own life. I was devastated to say the least. That afternoon I bought a plane ticket to upstate NY so that I could drive down with my younger sister and my father, so that we could attend my cousin's funeral.

The night before I am to fly out (two days later) I get another call from my mom, but this time, it's to tell me that my father had suffered a massive stroke and wasn't likely going to make it through the night. I lost it right then and there. My mom told me that she had managed to get on a red eye flight to NY and was beating feet back up the eastern seaboard to get home. My father passed away about 20 or 30 minutes after she arrived at the hospital. I got home to NY about 7 hours later.

This was all within one week of being back in the states. After dealing with all of that, I still had to muster up the stones to care for my wife (after just having a pretty intensive surgery mind you) and my 2 1/2 year old son as well. Looking back, I'm not sure how I managed to keep it together some days, but I managed.

Fast forward to today - my daughter is classified as "Special Needs" by the military medical system, and they don't have the services that she requires here in Okinawa. So, my wife is still back in the states with the kids, and she will be headed to the San Diego area here in the next few weeks (Camp Pendleton specifically) and I'll be following along shortly thereafter. I just have to wrap things up here in Okinawa (like getting all of out household stuff shipped back to the states and what not).

I know it seems like a wall of text, and if you managed to stick through it this long, I appreciate it. It's 0214 in the morning here and I can't sleep. I haven't forgotten about you guys, just been a tad preoccupied, that's all.

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh...03&fh_id=14403 - My father's obituary.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...24&mid=5464531 - My cousin's obituary.

Side note: As soon as I can track down my camera cord, I'll post up a few pictures of my gorgeous baby girl (I'm a proud papa, what can I say?)

The CJ Express

"100 BUX" Build Thread
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #104
Perkalater79
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm in tears reading this my friend. I wish I could be there with you to pray with you. If you're in Houston again. Let me know. I'll drive down from Austin to hang out and be with you. We had some challenges conceiving. My wife and I have a special joy and appreciation for children and I'm very glad you wife and daughter are well now. Sorry about your cousin and dad. God bless... Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Perkalater79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #105
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkalater79
I'm in tears reading this my friend. I wish I could be there with you to pray with you. If you're in Houston again. Let me know. I'll drive down from Austin to hang out and be with you. We had some challenges conceiving. My wife and I have a special joy and appreciation for children and I'm very glad you wife and daughter are well now. Sorry about your cousin and dad. God bless... Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Thank you for your kind words. I was really tested these last few months, but somehow managed to come out on top of it all. If I am ever back down TX way, I'll be sure to look you up - grab some grub and talk.

The CJ Express

"100 BUX" Build Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.