The CJ Express - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The CJ Express

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #31
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

Cool.

Unread 02-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #32
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Update,
I went home a little bit ago, and unloaded the CJ from the trailer. It is sitting under the shed roof, and ready for a cover. I'm thinking I will set the hardtop from my CJ on it so as to keep the dust out. Mine doesn't get used hardly at all, so no big deal. Also, I noticed the valve cover has openings that need sealed. I will tape them up to keep the dust out of the engine the best I can.

Once I get more time, I will jack her up and put blocks under the axles so the springs don't sag over time. The front pumpkin is open and needs sealed up, but other than that she should be fine for 3 years.

Pictures to come.
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

I have a cover and your address! I just need to get the thing boxed and shipped.
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Made the final leg of the CJ Express Monday and got to meet Eric(BioTex), and his friend Robert.
I learned one thing in this journey, I ain't as young as I used to be...
Ran into some pretty strong wind in Lordsburg.
I wondered why I had to tach up to 3K to make 75 MPH... Anyway here are a few pictures: God bless.
Jon In Tucson
cjexpress-020.jpg   cjexpress-022.jpg   cjexpress-025.jpg   cjexpress-026.jpg   cjexpress-027.jpg  

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #35
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

More amateur photos...

A couple of more and the trip home.
First picture has Robert on the left and Eric(BioTex) on the right cinching down the chain boomer.
Fourth picture is the Rio Grande as taken through my window.
Home Monday night, 900+ miles round trip from Buckeye,AZ to Las Cruces, NM. I
have met some really fine folks during this little excursion.
Gil, I have no doubt your CJ will be closer to done than you think when you get state side.
I need a nap...
cjexpress-029.jpg   cjexpress-030.jpg   cjexpress-033.jpg   cjexpress-035.jpg   cjexpress-040.jpg  

panic." - Mike

Unread 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #36
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

Some great scenery, would be great to take that run one day.
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #37
John87
1985 CJ7 

im glad everything is going so smooth!
John87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #38
SharonsRusty
1978 CJ7 

So happy everything went so well! Alot of great people on this forum.....thanks & God Bless!
SharonsRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #39
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

To everyone who has made this possible (I'd name everyone in a list, but I think there is a character limit on posts, it's that long) THANK YOU SO MUCH! I could have never asked for a nicer group of people to meet. Hopefully in April after I graduate and before I leave for Okinawa, I'll be able to meet up with BioTex and buy him a beer, it's the least I can do!)

The CJ Express
Don't argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

"100 BUX" Build Thread
SgtJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #40
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

can't wait to see it all wrapped up in it's new temporary home, glad everyone made the trips safely.
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #41
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

I think it is just awesome that this all came together the way it did and of the outcome.

It leads me to believe that there ARE still people in this world willing to help each other out. Maybe it's just a Jeep thing, maybe it's not.

With that said: Anyone want to hook up a veteran (Air Force) with a nice Dana 44 rear for his Scrambler?

We could do a coast to coast write up on this one......

Unread 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #42
ridefast07
2001 TJ Wrangler 

badass! that is all
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

I've spent tons of money on jeeps, beer, and mountain bikes...the rest I wasted.
ridefast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

So THAT'S what Eric looks like!! Nice to have a face with the name...

Great effort. What a blessing! Proud of my Jeep friends!

The Rio Grande doesn't look so grand. Is that normal?? I thought it was bad over here! Agree the scenery is beautiful. Is that Arizona in the first pic with rocky hillside? That's cool.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #44
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
So THAT'S what Eric looks like!! Nice to have a face with the name...

Great effort. What a blessing! Proud of my Jeep friends!

The Rio Grande doesn't look so grand. Is that normal?? I thought it was bad over here! Agree the scenery is beautiful. Is that Arizona in the first pic with rocky hillside? That's cool.
The first picture is a rest stop outside of Benson, AZ called Texas Canyon. Great big boulders all over the place. It is usually my first pit stop leaving Tucson, because as we all know, you never buy coffee, you just rent it...
The Rio Grande was lower than the last time I was over that way, so New Mexico is suffering from the same drought that the rest of the west is under. Once the snow starts melting up in Colorado we'll see lots more water down stream. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

panic." - Mike

Unread 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #45
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Af vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
I think it is just awesome that this all came together the way it did and of the outcome.

It leads me to believe that there ARE still people in this world willing to help each other out. Maybe it's just a Jeep thing, maybe it's not.

With that said: Anyone want to hook up a veteran (Air Force) with a nice Dana 44 rear for his Scrambler?

We could do a coast to coast write up on this one......

I didn't know you were an AF Vet also.
BTW. I felt like I was a hero for donating a couple of parts I wasn't using to a few Border agents/service members/cops. You guys make me look like a piker. Good show on all of you. As somebody else pointed out, be proud of yourselves. I'm truly proud to be a small, newbie, part of this crew, and not have been thrown off here. Yet!
Had I found this forum earlier, I would not have given my jeep up to my Bro, even though I luvs him to death...and it wouldn't have let it sit for the last 7 years w/a bad frame. I learn something here everyday. I hope to give back more than I've recieved here someday.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.