CJ door parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ door parts

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
whaler96
1983 CJ7 

CJ door parts

Gents, During my body off restoration, my painter "lost" all of my parts except the tub and doors. I've got everything covered but the "latch covers" (item #25, part no J575 8170-1) on the full size doors. These metal plates that are screwed the to inside of the doors. I've checked the usual spots on the internet with no luck. Short of buying new doors, anyone have a source? Thanks

whaler96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Talk to Collins Brothers Jeep.

http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/used_parts.htm

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Here's a place local to me where I get my hard to find parts. Good guy to deal with, reasonable prices.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4588078235.html
Unread 08-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
whaler96
1983 CJ7 

Looks like the Monroeville contact will pay off.
Thanks guys.
Unread 08-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
delirious1
1982 CJ7 

Collins has repeatedly been overpriced when I've sought them out. I would follow another lead
delirious1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Shoot the painter, take his money, then buy them from Collins. Problem solved!
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
gwolff
1978 CJ7 

Check Davey's jeep parts.
http://www.daveysjeeps.com/specials.html
gwolff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
CJ7VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler96 View Post
Gents, During my body off restoration, my painter "lost" all of my parts except the tub and doors.
I have to ask.

How is this even possible? How can a painter just loose customers parts?

Its not like the guy has a shop the size of New Jersey, and he can't find them, or the parts just walked
away on their own.

Is this painter a reputable guy?

Is he going to pay for the parts that he "lost"?

If so, you can use Collins Brothers if you want. You should not be out a single penny to
replace your parts. He has to know these parts are not easy to come by. And even if you can find
them, they are going to be expensive.

Jim
CJ7VFR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #9
whaler96
1983 CJ7 

No firm response from Monroeville guy yet.

Story on the painter: He did good work for me in the past. I dropped the parts off just as he started a shop move. (June 13) He told me he could get to the job for a few months due to the backlog plus move. Fine by me as I didn't want to work the Jeep all summer through the TX summer heat. Started to really pester him in October. His response was The parts are at the Blaster, and he won't call me back. By December, he bumped into the Blaster at a gas station, and gave him a big WT.... Blaster had been evicted, and landlord emptied out the Blasters shop. So went my parts. Painter went on a field trip to confirm. I owed the painter 2k for the balance of the paint job. He agreed to discount my parts from the job. He held true, and only has lettering and striping left to complete. (I don't like stickers). I've got about 2k, or just over, and have all new parts except for the items not currently made. Kind of disappointed that so much of the Jeep is "new", as the Jeep was my daily driver in NYS when I was short on cash. However... rust is gone. I fired the Jeep up earlier this week. Get the 2.5 stainless exhaust welded in next week, and I'm DONE. (Will be very popular in with neighborhood test drives this weekend with just the header!)
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #10
CJ7VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler96 View Post
No firm response from Monroeville guy yet.

Story on the painter: I owed the painter 2k for the balance of the paint job. He agreed to discount my parts from the job.
Are you saying that he is still charging you for painting the parts that are gone because the
guy he hired to blast them got evicted and all your parts are gone now?

If that is the case, then the painter is NOT a very good guy. Its NOT your fault that
he hired people who obviously did not pay their bills, and got evicted.

Your parts a gone, and its not your fault. When you gave the painter your parts to paint, he
is then responsible for them until he hands them over to you.

I hope when you said he is discounting the price of the paint on your parts, you mean that
he is discounting the price of the paint on the tub and the other parts he did not loose on you.

I hope this all works out for you. I can just imagine how frustrating this all must be.
To turn your Jeep over to someone else, and then have it given back with pieces missing...

Jim
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #11
CJ7VFR

(Double post, sorry....)

Jim
Unread 08-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #12
whaler96
1983 CJ7 

Thanks for the concern, and I'm square with the painter. I paid a 1k deposit on a 3k paint job. Other shops quoted 4k. Missing parts were about 2k. After the parts disappeared for the blast shop, painter took responsibility and didn't change me another dime as the loss was on his watch. Only parts missing at this point are the interior latch covers on the full doors. Jeep is done except for the exhaust. Yesterday was my maiden voyage around the neighborhood (with no pipes).

Jeep runs better than ever: 4.0 HO head, 38 Weber, Header, .050 over bore, nutter'd, 4" lift, 33's, converted YJ tub, new fenders-hood-grill-windshield frame-tail gate, Nomad rims, Corbeau seats. ...and it clears the garage door by 1". I'm as giddy as Kim Kardashian in front of a wedding planner!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.