CJ Door Lock Assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ Door Lock Assembly

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
joemac421
1986 CJ7 

CJ Door Lock Assembly

Does anyone know where to buy the lock assembly inside the door. I am not talking about the lock cylinder I am talking about the metal thing with springs that all the rods connect to and move to actuate the door locking and opening?

Unread 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
craigb86
1985 CJ7 

Here is some on ebay.

Craig
craigb86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigb86 View Post
Here is some on ebay.

Craig
Uh, those have nothing to do with opneing/closing/locking the door. It says right in the title that they are window regulators.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
craigb86
1985 CJ7 

bah you got me

Go to a junkyard and rip them out of a 1989-1995 wrangler they are the same type door.

Craig
craigb86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
cyclic17
1981 CJ7 

I have been looking for the same thing for months, and FINALLY found them on ebay last week.

No one makes them aftermarket (4wd.com, Quadratec, etc). I've checked with Collins Bros and another Jeep scrapyard with no luck. Keep searching ebay and the For Sale section here for guys that are parting out their junk.

Or, like craig said, see if you can find a YJ that has the same post-type striker on the tub.

Good luck!
*'81.5 CJ7, D300, T-5, 258ci, 4" BDS lift, 33 's on 15x10 Bajas, Narrowed Waggy D44 Front, Scout D44 rear w/ARB locker, Not-so-Painless Wiring Harness, Warn 8274, Borla Headers, MC2100 carb, Shrockworks sliders, KC's, Full cage

*RIP: '88 Comanche Chief, stock except for KC lights on rollbar and custom stereo.
cyclic17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

I found a passenger side while searching the garage. Is this what you're looking for?

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
isalter
1981 CJ7 

Still have?

DO you still have these pieces?> I am looking for the metal piece that the lock mech is attached to and the rods inside the door.
isalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
tomthbomb
CJ7 1/2 Top Club mem. #1

1978 CJ7 

Hope you have better luck than I did.
I locked the passenger side door and now I can't get it unlocked with the key or the inside rocker.
Guess I will have to take the door off at the hinges unless somebody has an idea I am to dull to think of.
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
isalter
1981 CJ7 

THata real bummer.. I hope I dont have that issues. I am thinking though that even with the hinges off that wont undo the locks though.. At least with mine as they wrap around the piost when locked..hmmm
Unread 12-03-2009, 07:29 AM   #10
1984CJ
1984 CJ7 

Tom,
Assuming you have the paddle handles You will have to in from the inside of the jeep, remove the interior panel and trip the latch from inside the door. Trying to remove it from the hinges will not help. Lever styles are probably different.
I have the same problem with one of my doors. I have to constantly remind my wife to NOT LOCK THE DOOR when she rides with me.
Originally Posted by ftdranger
You guys on the CJ tech page are a little to tech for me. Must be the leaf springs.
1984CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #11
isalter
1981 CJ7 

84CJ is on it! That will work, I was lookign at mine a little while ago as I have the panel off and yes you can get to it. Tight but it can be done. Good luck Tom!
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthbomb View Post
Hope you have better luck than I did.
I locked the passenger side door and now I can't get it unlocked with the key or the inside rocker.
Guess I will have to take the door off at the hinges unless somebody has an idea I am to dull to think of.
Lots of tow truck drivers have slim jims that can usually pop the lock open from the outside.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #13
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac421 View Post
Does anyone know where to buy the lock assembly inside the door. I am not talking about the lock cylinder I am talking about the metal thing with springs that all the rods connect to and move to actuate the door locking and opening?
What about a GM van or pickup? The latch looks the same I think and AMC (all makers covered) liked to use GM stuff like the wiring and steering to name a couple.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #14
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

Isn't what PavementPounder posted (latch assembly) what you are looking for?
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

I never heard from Joemac about the latch I posted. Still have it, but only have the passenger side and not a pair.

Old, rusty doors are fine as a source. You just need to pull the latch assembly, clean it, and grease it thoroughly before swapping it in. Lack of lubrication is what leads to things bending.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.