CJ dipstick tube/holder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ dipstick tube/holder

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
smitty586

CJ dipstick tube/holder

Where can I get a CJ7 dipstick tube. Mine broke off, and this is a difficult part to find.

Unread 01-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

You can use the combo from a 4.0 (should still be able to get that from the dealer).
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Rupie25
1977 CJ7 

I just bought one for my 304 from from Morris 4x4 Center, the tube is $10 put in "forum9" in the discount code you get 10% off. Here is the link. Jeep Oil Dipsticks, Tubes & Pans available for various engine sizes
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupie25 View Post
I just bought one for my 304 from from Morris 4x4 Center, the tube is $10 put in "forum9" in the discount code you get 10% off. Here is the link. Jeep Oil Dipsticks, Tubes & Pans available for various engine sizes
Sorry to derail the thread, but does the 304 one just "press" in? Mines about ready to break off it looks like and i'm wondering if it's going to be a pain to fix/replace or not...

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

You should post your engine information, but if you have a 304 v8:

I don't have one of these, but think I will get one. I hve seen it recommended on the forum many times, so it must be good.

osCommerce

My biggest hurtle is the $40 price.
h2ojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Rupie25
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
i'm wondering if it's going to be a pain to fix/replace or not...
It does just press in. I haven't done it yet. Forum posts suggest you freeze the new tube overnight, heat up the engine block and it should slide in and seal up nice. If you can pull the old tube out before it breakes off you will be well ahead of the game. Mine broke off at the block, I'm going to tap a 7Mil screw in mine and make a slide hammer to pull it out. If that doesn't work I think I'll have to remove the oil pan and go in from behind.
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupie25 View Post
It does just press in. I haven't done it yet. Forum posts suggest you freeze the new tube overnight, heat up the engine block and it should slide in and seal up nice. If you can pull the old tube out before it breakes off you will be well ahead of the game. Mine broke off at the block, I'm going to tap a 7Mil screw in mine and make a slide hammer to pull it out. If that doesn't work I think I'll have to remove the oil pan and go in from behind.
It should pull out just fine it looks like. It got broken putting the motor in... :

Looks like I need to man up and order a new one.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
Looks like I need to man up and order a new one.
Or put up a Wanted thread (or a few). I just sold Itselliot a complete 258 dipstick assembly in good shape over on GL.

JF's Wanted Forum is a resource that is very under-utilized by the resident CJ population. You know that CJ owners hoard parts by nature.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
JF's Wanted Forum is a resource that is very under-utilized by the resident CJ population. You know that CJ owners hoard parts by nature.

I'm CHEAP, ask anyone I know, but $10 is worth buying a new one.

You should see my parts pile

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
thich
1982 CJ7 

i dont know what engine you have, but if its a 304, here is my 2.

i bought the $10 dipstick, and im regretting it. i wasnt aware of just how tight the fit was. after a good pounding, i am now stuck with the tube halfway jammed in the hole. the flange started to bend significantly, so i stopped. i tried to remove it, but it started to break and fall apart.

you must understand that i didnt freeze or heat the block, because i didnt know any better. i figured since it said it was for an AMC 304 it would fit. NOPE.

next time i make a parts order the dipstick kit from BullTear is on the top.

im saving my pocket change for that one

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.