CJ-8 hard half cab top for sale - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-29-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
jeepdude1987
1987 YJ Wrangler 

CJ-8 hard half cab top for sale

I know this might seem like it is in the wrong thread, but I just put it here so that anyone working on restoring their Scrambler would have a good chance of seeing it. I don't have any clue who the person is who is selling this, and I don't know what condition it is in. It is not my top, but if anyone was interested I figured someone in here would let them know and I am fairly certain these aren't the easiest thing to find. It is located in Albuquerque, NM. If you know anyone who maybe interested here is the link.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/817570348.html

This is related to tech because someone who is doing a rebuild/restore might want or need this. Mods delete this if you feel the need it won't hurt me.

1987 Wrangler YJ RED 4.2 5-speed, NP231, BFG 31x10.5R15 AT/KO on 15x8 gambler wheels.
Caution!!! Under construction!!!!!! Caution!!!
Finishing a 4.0 Cyl.head swap, Just got an AX-15 NP231J combo to replace the busted t-case and craptacular BA10/5. Adding Nutter bypass. Probably more to come before it is back as a DD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
TowLoader
1981 CJ5 

yeah, very hard to find. I looked for half-cab possibilities for weeks to fit the TowLoader. You can't even buy the brackets and hinges for these things. My dad is redesigning the missing parts we need for whats left of our original half-cab.

TowLoader
post #3 of 6 Old 08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude1987 View Post
and I am fairly certain these aren't the easiest thing to find.
Actually, its just a matter of looking in the right place. CJ-8.com has a separate Classified Forum just for tops and a lot more people have them available than you think. The problem is always location and shipping, though. I just sold my half-cab a couple weeks ago to a guy in Australia.

If his bulkhead is nice and clean (which is usually the problem), then the price is probably not too far off. I sold my roof by itself for $400.

Here's the link to the CJ-8.com Forum:
http://www.cj-8.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Here's a link to GR8Tops:
http://www.gr8tops.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!

post #4 of 6 Old 08-30-2008, 02:41 PM
tomthbomb
CJ7 1/2 Top Club mem. #1

1978 CJ7 

Bought my half cab and bulkhead for $350.........about six years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
jeep cabin.jpg  

1978 CJ-7 original owner; AMC 401 V-8 (w/some goodies);NP4500;D300 (w/Curry 4:1); D44 front;AMC20 (Warn one piece axles) rear
post #5 of 6 Old 08-31-2008, 05:19 AM
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

Yeah, I got mine for a bit more then 350, but they are out there... I got the bulkhead shipped from the midwest off eBay somewhere and the 1/2 cab 2 towns over... it is coming along... just need more time and money!

I am in the process of taking it apart now that it has all been mocked up and I can start on the paint and the frame final welding and painting... I do need to paint hte 1/2 hard top though, it is a bit rough.

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/image...e/182_8216.jpg

cb

CertifiableJeep
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'76 ORANGE

'76 MAROON

'78 SILVER

'82 WHITE
Build

'83 GREEN
Build

ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member

post #6 of 6 Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 PM
tomthbomb
CJ7 1/2 Top Club mem. #1

1978 CJ7 

I recommend the sliding glass rear window! You can get one at cj-8.com

1978 CJ-7 original owner; AMC 401 V-8 (w/some goodies);NP4500;D300 (w/Curry 4:1); D44 front;AMC20 (Warn one piece axles) rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.