CJ-7 vapor lock problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-7 vapor lock problem?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
CJ-22

CJ-7 vapor lock problem?

Has any one had vapor lock problems with their 360 engine in a CJ-7? I live in Riverside CA and some summers get pretty hot. Triple digits. When it gets this hot my jeep vapor locks a lot, but it does not overheat. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Unread 05-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
SuperDave
1986 CJ7 

I had the same problem here in Phx. I have a 401 with stock exhust manifolds and dual 2 1/2" pipes. I moved the metal fuel line to the outside of the frame and the vapor lock issue went away. I still have problems with my cassette tapes melting in the console!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.