CJ 7 Turn Signals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ 7 Turn Signals

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
BEACHCJ7
1985 CJ7 

CJ 7 Turn Signals

I have recently purchased an 1985 CJ7 and have been going through and making sure all the drivetrain and other items are working properly. I am down to the lights and turn signals and have run into a problem. The PO had the drivers side front turn signal unplugged. I went to wire it up green to green and white to white and it has effected the other turn signals as in the lights will come on but not blink, or the driver side light is always on . The PO has also installed some fog lights that are powered off the white to the turn signal, is this my problem? When I pull the light switch out one notch the fog lights come on and when I pull it out all the way the headlights come on. I have looked for a more detailed wiring diagram than what I have in my Haynes manual but I cannot seam to find it. Any suggestions?

BEACHCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Get the fog lights off the circuit to start with. The flasher needs a certain amount of current to flex the bi-metal strip to blink the lights. When the PO wired the fog lights in that circuit, he added resistance and changed the current needed by the flasher.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
james04si

1977 CJ5 

The white has power when the lights are on and probably are not the issue though its not good to be on the original wiring as it was not designed for the additional load. The issue is probably with the front turn signal lamp in the grill. Make sure it is grounded correctly. I had a similar issue and ended up replacing the turn signal as mine was completely rusted and corroded.
james04si is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fog light , turn signal , wiring diagram

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.