CJ 7 Rear seat belts help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ 7 Rear seat belts help

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Jsdtm
1986 CJ7 

CJ 7 Rear seat belts help

Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find what I have been searching for. Any incite would help tremendously...
I have an 86 CJ 7, I just purchased and installed a YJ family style roll bar and want to get a three point chest/lap style seat belt so that I can put a child seat in the back safely for my 2 yr old. I went to buy a set off a YJ from a local used Jeep dealer but noticed that the old belt will still pull out slack even after I pull the belt all the way out and let the slack back in. New seat belts will not let you pull out any slack after pulling the whole length of the belt out and setting it where you need it for the child seat.(hopefully this made sense) Any suggestions would help. Will any new set of 3 point belts work so that I can have that extra safety feature?
Also I have seen a small amount of DIY "LATCH" systems (not on a CJ but an older car) retrofitted. Has anyone done this and does it work well if so?
Any visuals would be great.

Thanks again all!

Jsdtm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
spward

1985 CJ7 

I think you are talking about an automatic locking retractor feature. I would think most newer cars have them, but you would need to check the mfg to see which ones do. Just my thought, I would never buy a used seatbelt. When I took my CJ apart, I cut the old belts (still working) but after 30 years, would rather have new ones when I re-install them.

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Jsdtm
1986 CJ7 

That is probably correct. I didn't know the correct term. Can I ask where you got you're belts from?
Thank you
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
spward

1985 CJ7 

I will get mine from Quadratec more than likely, but haven't really looked for them as I am still in tear-down mode on the frame and body for a few months.
http://www.quadratec.com/category/Je.../203/index.htm

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Jsdtm
1986 CJ7 

Thanks again! Good luck on your rebuild!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.