CJ-7 hard tonneau, anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-7 hard tonneau, anyone?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
aBoyAndHisCJ
1978 CJ7 

CJ-7 hard tonneau, anyone?

Hey you guys— anyone got any bright ideas about a hard tonneau cover for a CJ-7 tub? I don't need one with the tonneau/duster combo, as I generally climb up on the wheel & jump into the Jeep. I was thinking about building one from scratch by starting with a standard pickup truck hard tonneau & modding from there, but I figured I'd ask & see if you guys have got any pics, experience, or know of any manufacturer of a product that fits the bill. Thanks!

Unread 06-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

here is a concept one I found that I liked. I think it would be really cool.
dunex-01.jpg   dunex-02.jpg  
Bobs85Reny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
row684
1984 CJ7 

That would be interesting to cut down a hard torno cover for a Cj but how would you work around the rollbar? If your good with fiberglass cut the curved edges of the truck one then cut down the center to fit and reattach the edge pieces. Maybe a 3 piece type cover would work, have some brackets off the center piece on each side that would allow the outside pieces to slide around the roll bar and put a pin through the brackets to lock them on?
row684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A guy in the JK forum (LOL) made one. I'll get that thread if I see it in my subscriptions, I like how he made it...
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You can see what he did here, I think it starts around post 58 or so

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/a...l#post12247514
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , mods , tonneau cover

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.