CJ-7 coil spring conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-7 coil spring conversion

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 12-24-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
hillclimber11

CJ-7 coil spring conversion

I got a question for you guys about a homade coil spring conversion or boughten kit. I have a 1980 CJ-7 jeep and as of right now it has stock leaf springs on it. What I am wanting to do, if its possible, is to get coil springs on the jeep. Really all I am wanting is to have mabe two foot or so of articulation up and down. If I can buy certain springs I will, but I dont know what to buy. I can fabricate the radius arms and I have some ideas how to connect the coil springs to the differencials. So all I really need to find and buy is the coil springs and shocks. I am trying to get by as cheep as I can but still do it the right way. I will appreciate any information you have for me. I don't want an extreme rock crawler, just a good trail jeep . Thanks again.

hillclimber11

hillclimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #2
rwcloukey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillclimber11
I got a question for you guys about a homade coil spring conversion or boughten kit. I have a 1980 CJ-7 jeep and as of right now it has stock leaf springs on it. What I am wanting to do, if its possible, is to get coil springs on the jeep. Really all I am wanting is to have mabe two foot or so of articulation up and down. If I can buy certain springs I will, but I dont know what to buy. I can fabricate the radius arms and I have some ideas how to connect the coil springs to the differencials. So all I really need to find and buy is the coil springs and shocks. I am trying to get by as cheep as I can but still do it the right way. I will appreciate any information you have for me. I don't want an extreme rock crawler, just a good trail jeep . Thanks again.

hillclimber11
I dont know much about coverting to coils, but you should be able to accomplish what your looking to do w/ a 4"plus suspension lift and 4 long travel shocks. I could be wrong though Im not quite clear on what it it is you're looking to do.
diamond dash
rwcloukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2003, 09:00 PM   #3
Crash&Burn

A good place to look for a selection of coil springs (with many different spring rates) is a shop or vendor which deals in circle track racing......every area has several of these shops.

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.