CJ 6 4dr - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ 6 4dr

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-14-2002, 03:47 PM   #1
mrkelly

CJ 6 4dr

I found a 1971 CJ6 4dr on the web for sale. I have seen plenty of 2dr CJ6's but not a 4dr model. Is this something Jeep produced or some kind of after-market modification. If anyone knows a web site with info about them or can tell me something about it I would sure be greatful. Thanks

mrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
only in a jeep cj
1986 CJ7 

Can you post a link to the site so we can see a pic......There was some weird stuff made overseas, a 4 door is unlikely, but possible. I too have never seen one. It could be "a project that was put together"

1975 CJ-6 304 T15 Dana20 30/44 3.73
1983 CJ-8 258 T5 300 30/44 3.31 Looking for full or half hardtop buy or trade
1986 CJ-7 Laredo 4.6 stroker T5 300 30/44 3.31
1986 TJ-7 Trail Jeep project in the works
2003 Inca Gold TJ Rubicon
only in a jeep cj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
mrkelly

photos of CJ6 4dr

Ed, here are a couple of shots of this CJ 6 let me know what you think.

Photos
Unread 12-14-2002, 09:45 PM   #4
cj5goliath
1980 CJ5 

Look at the bottom of the tub between the door openings....it has been stretched. Someone has cut and welded 2 tubs together.

http://www.cranked-up.com
cj5goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 11:32 PM   #5
mrkelly

The person selling this CJ claims that he is the second owner and that it is factory original. He stated that he had found out on the web that it was a very rare production. This is why I am looking for someone that might have some insight on this.
Unread 12-14-2002, 11:56 PM   #6
cj5goliath
1980 CJ5 

When I first looked at the pictures....it looked like it was 2 tubs welded together....but after I posted earlier....I took another look at the pictures...and I was looking at the way it's molded. I guess anything's a possibility....but you'd think that you'd have seen one before....no matter how rare it is. Most of the jeep magazines have done articles on different rarities with jeeps....and I've never seen one of these. Ask the guy what webpage he supposedly found to show the production.....and see if he can send any better pictures. If he does....post'em. I'd kinda like to read about this one myself. It's ugly as all get out....but kinda cool at the same time! Are you thinking of buying it?

http://www.cranked-up.com
cj5goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2002, 06:41 AM   #7
mrkelly

I am in the market for a CJ model Jeep as close to original condition as I can find. This one came up while I was searching the web. It's different and the owner claims that it is original right down to the wheel covers. He is a little pricey on it , but if it is leget, and as rare as he says I might get interested in it.
Your right it is a little odd looking, but it sure would attract a looks and questions. I just figured that with as many knowledgeable Jeep people that post on this board that someone would have run across or heard of one of these before.
I sent the sell another E-mail requsesting the location as to where he got his info on this Jeep. Maybe we will all get educated from this.
Unread 12-15-2002, 08:37 AM   #8
only in a jeep cj
1986 CJ7 

I COULD BE WRONG.... from what I see in the pics, It is (was) the correct tub and is not 2 tubs put together...the seam is factory and that is where the extra length panel is placed in front of the rear wheels...BUT, I do not believe that the second set of doors would be cut like that from the factory. They would have three dimensional stamping like the front door areas for both strength and water run off from the top. I believe that they were simply cut out and the metal folded back. A small piece of pipe is welded on top for the door hinge and a fresh coat of paint hides all.... Now there where several companies that would take brand new Jeeps and "convert" them to special duty/opperations. Maybe a tour/safari Jeep. Also, almost all CJ-6's came without roll bars and the one in the pic doesn't seem to have the bolts showing through the side as a factory one would. And it's missing the side mounted spare. With it's age, almost anything could have happened. If you really want a 6 and like the doors on this one AND don't mind the price, then fine....If you want a stock Jeep to both drive alot, wheel in and really enjoy, I would go for the later 7's (like in the background).. I can say this because I have both and there is a world of differences...not all CJ's are the same.

1975 CJ-6 304 T15 Dana20 30/44 3.73
1983 CJ-8 258 T5 300 30/44 3.31 Looking for full or half hardtop buy or trade
1986 CJ-7 Laredo 4.6 stroker T5 300 30/44 3.31
1986 TJ-7 Trail Jeep project in the works
2003 Inca Gold TJ Rubicon
only in a jeep cj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #9
CSP

only in a jeep cj hit the nail right on the head. That seam is a factory seam. Someone just cut a new door opening in the tub. They did a pretty good job of it, but it's not something I would spend any large amount of money because someone claims it's a factory tub. It is a factory tub, but it didn't come out of the factory with those extra door openings.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.