CJ-5 won't start - complete novice - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-5 won't start - complete novice

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #106
sabbyATL
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
I play with microhydro (Water wheel)setups and a DC motor can work 2 ways. Put power to it and it spins. Spin it and it gives power out.

Some folks use record turntable motors (DC) and spin them with a water wheel to get a trickle charge for a battery pack to help charge them. They give a couple amps 24/7 which is good for a weekend use camp power.

A starter spun up real fast like that by a flywheel, likely put out a lot of power in a hurry. Well, enough to cook the insulation of the coils windings anyway.

That water wheel generator stuff is really cool. I love the idea of it for camping.

Everything about what happened to my coil makes sense.

sabbyATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #107
sabbyATL
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdatkins View Post
Yay! That was almost like a choose your own adventure book "Turn to page 4 if you want to check your fuel flow. Turn to page 6 to check your spark." I'm glad you got it figured out. Enjoy your 5!
That's exactly how it went down, ha ha.

We had rain today and it's turned cold but I drove her anyway. I even rolled up the back window and the driver/passenger windows once the rain was gone. Fun times. Can't wait for it to warm up this weekend and put the top completely down/off.
sabbyATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.