CJ-5 w/ 4.2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-5 w/ 4.2

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
zleehw
1996 ZJ 

CJ-5 w/ 4.2

My new jeep - 1975 CJ-5 w/ 4.2 liter and 5 speed.

I have removed the heater box due to all metal components being rusted, and removed the hoses off the engine then removed the nipples and brass plugged them - no more heater.

There is NO ecu....so I have removed all sensors, plugs, vacuum ports and have brass plugged them all. I will be running normal gauges for oil, temp and water.

The EGR was all rusty and seized up....so I removed it and also took the tube that goes from the ex. Manifold to the EGR valve and crimped it and braised it closed. What is the easiest way to CAP the EGR ports off?*

Can you please provide any info, lessons learned on the topics above.....I want to ensure I am not causing issues.

Doug

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hi Doug, I'm gunna go ahead & move your thread into the CJ section where I think you'll get better feedback.

BTW: I've got a friend here in San Diego with an LS1 powered CJ5.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
james04si

1977 CJ5 

Sounds like you have an intake/exhaust manifold from something in the 81+ years as the ones prior the intake and exhaust are bolted together directly and there is no tube for the egr. I just cut a 1/4" plate of aluminum down to size and bolted in place of the egr valve. You can just leave the valve in place just disconnected from the vacuum lines and it will do the same as long as you have capped both ends of the tube.
james04si is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.