CJ-5 supertop ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-5 supertop ?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #1
crusty

CJ-5 supertop ?

I bought a best top supertop a few monthes ago and it is all right but the soft top dosn't fit right into the rails on the sides that go down to the side of the jeep(right behind the seats)from the frame. I tried to move the windshield fram forward but it dosn't fit all the way in, the bottem fits in but the top is about a inch from fitting in. Any help would be nice.

valve cover.

"RUST IS JUST CHARACTER!"
crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2002, 06:06 AM   #2
samjluck

I've got the same one and have noticed the same thing. I can get it to fit in there but it is never thight like the bottom. I have never had it come out while driving, so I have just left it and not tried to adjust it. I've had the top for 3 years and over that time I do know that if the back two pieces that zip the rear windows in are pulled around the back of the jeep so the side windows are tight it helps keep the side windows tighter in the door slats and less stress on the rear window zippers. Compared to the other setup that was on it when I bought it this is much better. Hate snaps.
samjluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2002, 07:33 AM   #3
ArbLockerBoy

Mine has the same problem. I gave up on it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.