CJ-5 Project LEG ROOM ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ-5 Project LEG ROOM !

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
dogfacedsoldier
1980 CJ5 

CJ-5 Project LEG ROOM !

We all know the story.... 6'3", love the short wheelbase CJ-5, leg room sux.

I found some pix of a similar modification online, and brought it to a local body shop.

Long story short... loving life!

Cheap *** aftermarket seats (Rugged Ridge or something like that), early YJ flip forward risers, with late YJ sliders. I have more leg room than with my late CJ7... I could even drop my tilt steering (IdidIT) from full up position!.

To give you an idea of clearance, I am running 32" tire with 2.5" lift springs.

p1020247.jpg

p1020252.jpg

p1020253.jpg

p1020256.jpg

dogfacedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
kovic
1983 CJ5 

Hey that is awesome, I have always wandered if someone would do this. Nice job! Did you do it to both sides, or just the driver side?

kov
kovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
WSS
II Cor 13:14

1972 CJ5 

I did the same. Netted an extra 2.75"! Much needed. I'm only 6' but still needed room for the belly LOL. I still need to do a tilt column like yours. Nicely done.

Cheers!
WSS

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.