cj-5 instrument pannel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj-5 instrument pannel

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-10-2002, 09:46 AM   #1
storm_pilot

cj-5 instrument pannel

hi all!!!

doing a restoration on a 73 cj-5 and i'm looking for a new instrument pannel. the previous owner cut new holes in the one i have to replace the fuel and temp guages instead of just fixing the broken stock guages. i'm sure he spent more time and money on retrofitting than if he had just done a little research. i hate fixing other peoples' misteaks!!!!!!!

anyway i need a new or untouched panel. i can find panels for the 76' or newer models but it's an entirely different setup. anybody out there have one for a 73' that they could part with or know where i can find one?

storm_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2002, 10:57 AM   #2
Jeep696

If you can't find one at a local junk yard, then try collins brothers (www.discountaccessories.com). I had the exact same problem and this is where I bought mine from.
Unread 06-10-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
storm_pilot

did you have to buy the blank plate and cut holes or do they have pre-cut plates? i can't find any for a 73'.
Unread 06-10-2002, 12:29 PM   #4
Jeep696

I bought an original plate out of a junked laredo. They deal in used parts at collins brothers and I just called them up and told them what I was looking for. They gave me a price and now it is in my jeep. Have you tried looking at quadratec.com or 4wd.com? I believe that they have replacement dash panels witht the holes pre-cut.
Unread 06-10-2002, 01:31 PM   #5
storm_pilot

yeah i looked at those sites too. they have the pannels but they are all for 76' or later which is a different style and won't work. i'll giving those guys a call and see what i come up with. thanks!!
Unread 06-10-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
jmcj5

I have a panel for a 75 cj5 I'm willing to part with. I'm not sure if it's the one you need.
jmcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2002, 10:05 AM   #7
storm_pilot

yeah i might be interested. got any pics? i think a 75 would work but would like to see it just in case.
Unread 06-13-2002, 06:15 AM   #8
Bulletproofcj7

<a href="http://www.ajsjeepbodies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.ajsjeepbodies.com/</a>
They dont show it on the web page but they make dash panels for all years of jeep. (Shown in their catalog)
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.