Christmas jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Christmas jeep

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 11-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
kls2274

Christmas jeep

I'm trying to find a cj7 for my husband for Christmas. Where should I look?

kls2274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
imafishingfred

1981 CJ7 

Classifieds, craigslist, autotrader, here on JF in the classifieds (for sale).
Maybe in this forum, http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sale-1811306/
imafishingfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

i don't know where you are, but if you're in the rust belt, i'd be looking for cj's from the desert southwest. Ca, Az, NM, Nv, Ut. you should find frames and bodies without rust or corrosion in those states. it's more than worth the extra money (typically $500-$900 depending on how far it's shipped) to get extra years out of a body and frame, imho. i've bought 2 vehicles off ebay from the west coast. one i had shipped, the other i flew out and drove it back home to Minn. that one made for a nice vacation as well.
best of luck in finding the right one for your lucky husband!
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imafishingfred View Post
Classifieds, craigslist, autotrader, here on JF in the classifieds (for sale).
Maybe in this forum, http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sale-1811306/
Those are all good suggestions. Although you can't hurt anything by looking on Ebay for CJs, if you do much comparison you'll see that the Ebay CJs seem to be overpriced.

Regardless of the source, be careful for scams. If you see a Jeep that looks too good to be true, it's likely a scam. These elements usually make for a suspicious seller:
  • You have to wire them the money
  • The Jeep will be shipped to you (typically for no extra cost)
  • The person is in the military/overseas/leaving the country and has to sell it ASAP and is offering a super low price.

Also, keep in mind that a CJ can be a very personal object. As such, you should try to get some idea of what your husband is specifically looking for in a CJ. That a will help narrow down the field. For example: color, tire size, suspension modifications, top options (hard, soft, bikini), metal of fiberglass tub, beat up vs. restored, trail Jeep or daily driver Jeep, etc.

I also suspect you will be unable to find a suitable CJ before Christmas, unless you happen to live in an area with a lot to choose from, or you have a pile of cash to spend.
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
seabass1858
CJ Literate

1983 CJ7 

dont limit yourself from the good old south either. there’s good solid ones here inland ga, al, fl also. mine don’t count as it came from Tennessee and sat for 15 years. solid frame just not rocker panels.
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

You are a lovely lady!!!!!

My wife bought me Bagusjeep some years ago as a present. It was rough and needed a lot of work but we have had many years of fun together doing it.

Fingers crossed for a Jeep Gladiator sitting outside my window on Christmas Day with a big ribbon around it!!

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
esalamanca_usmc
1981 CJ7 

You're an awesome wife!

Good luck on the CJ hunt!
esalamanca_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
Hawk4097
1986 CJ7 

It all depends what you are willing to spend...Jeepclassifieds.com, ebay, autotrader, and of course craigslist are all good places to find them. just make sure if you arent knowlegable about jeeps or mechanics bring someone that is when you go to purchase so you dont get taken advantage of. also do not pay straight over the net. go in person. I have a buddy that got scammed guy said he was in maine they sent the money and were supposed to ship it. Turned out the acct they sent the money to was in portugal and nothing could be done because they were out of the country.
Hawk4097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

I just want to know what it is you must do for your wife to get her to buy you a Jeep for Christmas!!
What part of the country are you in? I see a good many for sale in the Ga. & SC. area. They are few and far between in the N.East.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.