Choke problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Choke problem

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Choke problem

ok i've worked on my 79 cj7 all morning and finally have it running but problem is it doesn't stay running and i have a feeling its because of the electric choke. let me know what you think of the pics and if you can help me out let me know please and thank you.

yetiwarrior82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Is there juice to the choke wire with the ignition on?

When you pump the throttle before starting cold, does the choke close the butterflies?

Does the choke open the butterflies as it warms?

Is the Choke Pull-off set properly?

How fast is your fast idle speed in RPMs?

What are your fuel mixture screws set at?

What are the symptoms when it dies? Is it just a slow sluggish idle that eventually stalls out? Or does it shut down suddenly from a strong idle?

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? From what I've seen of your engine, and the POs hacks, I would be shocked if you don't have leaks.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i have no juice going to it. and i have to move the choke by hand. like it just doesn't work.
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
CJ7Sasquatch
1979 CJ7 

Dosent look line it's hooked up right, it needs a ground to the carb from relay a did you have no juice jump a wire from the pos terminal to make it works altogether, if it does you need to check for a switched hot, there should be a bigger switched hot sone where on the drivers side fire wall that you can tap off of
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
yetiwarrior82
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i'm just trying to figure where the red goes

Tags
carb , wire

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.