Chevy Heater Blower Motor - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Chevy Heater Blower Motor

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #46
D-BO
1985 CJ7 

Yeah I thought that was what was going to be the case, because the stock motor is smaller. I guess I am a little annoyed that I bought the "made in china one" so is the PM102 made in America? I had to get the one from NAPA because none of the other part stores had anything in stock and I needed it right away so that's what I went with. I guess if it craps out on me I will update but for now I am VERY VERY VERY impressed by it's insane output.

Unread 02-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #47
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
Checking in the Corvallis, Albany and Eugene, OR. area. This includes what was available at NAPA, Knechts, Autozone and CarQuest. The only not Made in China was available at Eugene Service Parts ~ Made in Canada (4 Seasons)
turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #48
D-BO
1985 CJ7 

Oh well I guess. I like to buy American and Canada is probably better than China, but like I said before the motor I got although it is chinese it is awesome.
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #49
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Perhaps the one I bench tested was damaged in transit, or made by a new hire.
I've been dubious of Chinese manufacture since my recent experience with Made in China Thermostat Housings. Upon reinstalling the Performer manifold on my motor (leaky gasket) I dropped the Thermostat Housing and it fractured. Bought a new one (made in China) from NAPA and when I went to hook up the hoses I found the angle was different to the point it was interfering with the vacuum advance on the distributor. Went back to NAPA and looked at another with the same part number and it not only was the angle different from my original piece, if was different from the other made in China piece. Finally I found the correct angle Thermostat Housing from another 360 in a wrecking yard.
Unread 02-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #50
kmm

I'll agree with D-BO. My VDO although China puts out excellent, sounds like a whirlwind on high. I am satisfied with now but like so many others I would prefer to buy USA.
kmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #51
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Got the 4 Seasons motor and it seems to have been equipped with a very large vent hole that the original motor doesn't, going to install tomorrow. No plugs came with it but I don't plan on doing any deep water fording as we did in the Marine Corps. However, the 4 Seasons motor and it's configured like the one on the right;

and while the relief for the motor on the left is 3 1/4" (firewall hole) the one on the left has that steel collar, lacking a set of calipers does anyone know the dimension of this type of motor with the steel collar?

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid for any responses.
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #52
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

Hey D-BO would you happen to have the number on the heater core you bought from NAPA? I think i will pick up the motor and core fora future upgrade. Thanks
nichboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #53
liquid10
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichboy View Post
Hey D-BO would you happen to have the number on the heater core you bought from NAPA? I think i will pick up the motor and core fora future upgrade. Thanks
Napa part no. is 655-1039. installed on my 79 cj-5. has short shaft like OEM motor. diameter with collar is 3 3/8". used 3 1/2" hole saw to cut firewall from inside right floor area. nice fit and good function
liquid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #54
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Cool, thanks for the tip liquid10
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #55
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

Napa part no. is 655-1039. installed on my 79 cj-5. has short shaft like OEM motor. diameter with collar is 3 3/8". used 3 1/2" hole saw to cut firewall from inside right floor area. nice fit and good function
Today 01:22 PM

655-1039 is for the motor. Do you have the core number.
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #56
D-BO
1985 CJ7 

Yeah that NAPA 655-1039 is pretty much awesome. Again temp today in Corado at 0530 this morning 5 degrees... Temp inside my Jeep because of this blower motor 10000 million. I burned up. I am dead now.

woops just realized nichboy wanted the part number for the heater core not the blower motor. I actually just got the heater core at advanced auto because they had that in stock and not the blower motor. I can get the number for you later (it's at home), but it is a direct replacement. All I did was ask for a heater core for a 1985 Jeep CJ7 with a 258 and they gave me the heater core for it. The blower motor is the one from the chevy blazer and that is the 655-1039 part number we are talking about.

turbogus just put the collar on after you slide it through the hole because it will be easier to seal the gap around the opening. If you make the hole big enough to fit the collar also, then you will have a much larger gap to try and seal. The collar is snug but with effort it comes on and off.
Unread 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #57
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

Thanks D-BO, hope to pick up both tonight. But can't swap until spring. Having to much fun with all the snow were getting.
Unread 02-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #58
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

I shied away from the NAPA motor on account it's made in China and I've had issues with other 'Made in China" parts.
Unread 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #59
D-BO
1985 CJ7 

Yeah turbogus I don't blame you. I hate having to buy stuff made in China, but it is hard not to. It seems like almost everything is made in China, and in my case I needed to install the heater that night because it has been so cold here. So I just got what they had in stock.

nichboy this only took me a few hours so if you have a garage and some time you should just go for it. It will make the snow more tolerable. I am also not that great of a mechanic or anything and it wasn't as bad as I thought.
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #60
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Update uhhh! That Autozone "Made in China" heater aluminum core is not up to spec! The core frame is correct but the core itself appears at least one row thinner! Got a copper core one coming on the truck from NAPA. Damm just like the hilarious home videos with the reporter Nick Poppendaddi and the panda that bites and eats him on Robot Chicken "You just can't trust the Chinese"

... and NO I do not mean this as racist, just a correlation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.