Chevy 350 exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Chevy 350 exhaust

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
EO86cj
1986 CJ7 

Chevy 350 exhaust

I have an 86 cj7 with a small block chevy in it. Want to get the exhaust running out the back instead of side exhaust and toned down a bit. Fumes to strong. Any Suggestions?

EO86cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
SteelOutlawed
1985 CJ7 

I have block hugger headers with duals that exit behind each rear wheel. I'm really happy with my setup. The fumes are no where near as bad a side pipe exhaust.
SteelOutlawed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Manhattan
1981 CJ8 

I have an SBC and went with factory manifolds, (get this) a catalytic converter and Dynomax muffler - single 2.5" exhaust. The Jeep is relatively quiet at idle and sounds like a Corvette at WOT. The builder talked me into a high-flow cat' - saying it helps to clean up the fumes and smell of the exhaust. Originally, I thought I wanted headers and duals - for power. But man... I don't know what I'd do with more power. On the street, the Jeep will spin or bark the tires in any gear - literally, if I'm coasting in 4th gear and stomp it, it'll bark the 35s. I assume part of that is the fuel injected motor - quick throttle response, etc. But the 2.5" pipe sure doesn't feel like it's holdin it back.
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
I have an SBC and went with factory manifolds, (get this) a catalytic converter and Dynomax muffler - single 2.5" exhaust. The Jeep is relatively quiet at idle and sounds like a Corvette at WOT. The builder talked me into a high-flow cat' - saying it helps to clean up the fumes and smell of the exhaust. Originally, I thought I wanted headers and duals - for power. But man... I don't know what I'd do with more power. On the street, the Jeep will spin or bark the tires in any gear - literally, if I'm coasting in 4th gear and stomp it, it'll bark the 35s. I assume part of that is the fuel injected motor - quick throttle response, etc. But the 2.5" pipe sure doesn't feel like it's holdin it back.
The small diameter pipes help with torque, as does FI.I have TBI on my 350 and its nice runs clean . I dont notice much fumes . I did siepipes and fenderwell headers.
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

I'm not familiar with the 350 in a CJ, but here's what my muffler guy did with my AMC V8. I love showing it off.

2.5" pipe to the Y. 3" pipe to and from the muffler, and 2.5" tailpipe. Flo-Pro MAX muffler.

I dig the sound. It's not overly loud, but you can tell there's more than just a 258 under the hood.

Matt

exhaust1.jpg   exhaust2.jpg   exhaust3.jpg  
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
GPERSCREEPERS99

I want to bring this back up...I getting ready to do exhaust and I would like to see what people with a 350 did.
Thanks
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.