charcoal canister help needed - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > charcoal canister help needed

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz
Anybody? Before I scrap the canister.

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum
I can't explain much about the canister, but without disconnecting any of the lines on top... I replaced the disc filter, pulled the bottom off (dumped all of the stuff out), & refilled it w/ hydrocarbon (or activated carbon- used in fish tanks... Buy at PetSmart!). I've never had any problems.

CrescentMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #17
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoon View Post
I can't explain much about the canister, but without disconnecting any of the lines on top... I replaced the disc filter, pulled the bottom off (dumped all of the stuff out), & refilled it w/ hydrocarbon (or activated carbon- used in fish tanks... Buy at PetSmart!). I've never had any problems.
The problem I have is with the cap. There should be a diaphragm and spring under it. I believe without it, there will be a constant vacuum leak.
I'm going to end up going with the Grand Cherokee canister, they are only about $25.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.