CEL 02 Sensor Experience - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
jeepnick

CEL 02 Sensor Experience

I've got a '99 XJ and the CEL came on close to 60K miles. I read the code which indicated the after cat 02 sensor and reset the light. After a couple of days it came on again and I reset it. This has been going on a while. I really don't believe my sensor is bad as the majority of sensors that are replaced are still good. My Jeep doesn't exhibit any signs of rough idle, rich or lean conditions or poor fuel economy. I have the wherewith all to remove it and test it with heat and an ohm meter but if I go to that trouble I may as well replace it.

Anyone gone thru this? Is the CEL code thrown mileage related as an 02 service reminder or an actual alert to a failed 02 sensor? Is there a way to turn off the CEL other than with the code reader? If I replace the 02 with a new one and reset the CEL will my problem go away. Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Carmell CJ

1978 CJ5 

Not real sure how those things function. Might want to post this in the XJ forum for some input.

1978 CJ5, let the mods begin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.