cb radio - which one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cb radio - which one?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

cb radio - which one?

Hey there.
I got a $100 gift certificate to amazon from work and I figured that I would either get a cb radio or something else like tools, but I figured it was a good place to ask what people have for cb radios.

I was just looking for something simple. It is recommended that I have one for the trail rides around here and I just haven't gotten around to getting one yet.

Let me know, thanks!

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #2
liver156

it is hard to beat a cobra. get a wilson antenna, very hard to brake. next question is where are you going to mount it?
liver156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #3
WVZJ
1998 ZJ 

I really like my Cobra and Wilson as well, they are hard to beat, Firestick ant. aren't bad either.
07 Ram 2500 5.9 ctd
WVZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2004, 03:03 AM   #4
OKJeepin

I use a Cobra 29 and a Wilson antenna in my work truck and they work great, in my Jeep I also have a Cobra 29 but I use a Firestick antenna, and it also works great. I would suggest an external speaker too, easily mounted under the dash or really anywhere you like. You can pick one up for $10 bucks at any truck stop and it just plugs in the back of the CB.

Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.